Search found 660 matches

by JGD
4 Jul 2018 13:33
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Bell Green Gas Holders - Proposal to Demolish in April 2018.
Replies: 212
Views: 109447

Re: Bell Green Gas Holders - Proposal to Demolish in April 2

SydSOC's call for an Article 4 direction is significantly misplaced and is mis-directed. These are extracts from Historic England's Advice Paper. The Italics are my responses. Article 4 directions are used to control works that could threaten the character of an area of acknowledged importance, such...
by JGD
4 Jul 2018 12:07
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Japanese knotweed
Replies: 5
Views: 3954

Re: Japanese knotweed

A new ruling from the Court of Appeal on "pernicious" Japanese Knotweed. If the plant Japanese knotweed has encroached on a property and it can be successfully proved that knotweed that grows into a home or garden originated on an adjoining property, that owner of this adjoining property could be he...
by JGD
27 Jun 2018 21:01
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Bell Green Gas Holders - Proposal to Demolish in April 2018.
Replies: 212
Views: 109447

Re: Bell Green Gas Holders - Proposal to Demolish in April 2

The same company, Scottish Power Networks, is also currently trying to demolish the iconic gasholder near the Millennium Dome. .........gasholders are being removed, and the argument that 'there are loads of them about' will be hard to sustain. ...The Victorian Society are tweeting their disappoint...
by JGD
26 Jun 2018 11:44
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Pubs showing world cup in beer garden?
Replies: 3
Views: 2252

Re: Pubs showing world cup in beer garden?

Spotted a tv in the garden of the PoW on Perry Rise on Sunday..
by JGD
26 Jun 2018 07:15
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Hillcrest Estate development
Replies: 49
Views: 22559

Re: Hillcrest Estate development

Meanwhile, Lewisham Council has ignored a proposal to develop their land in Willow Way, and other available land at Bell Green. If you are concerned about the environment, please sign this petition. In principle it is right that LA planners give petitions of this type in planning matters no weight....
by JGD
24 Jun 2018 08:50
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: New St Christopher's Charity Shop
Replies: 35
Views: 17645

Re: New St Christopher's Charity Shop

mosy not asking for hand holding at all. Just consistency in approach. In any case where one applicant is granted approval with conditions such as requiring that a Traffic Statement or a Sound Statement be supplied at a later date, it would be reasonable to apply that same principle to another appli...
by JGD
22 Jun 2018 06:32
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Loud motorbike revving can be heard from Westwood Hill
Replies: 21
Views: 10108

Re: Loud motorbike revving can be heard from Westwood Hill

Several groups have been congregating from time to time at that location and in the car parks at the retail park over the past couple of years. On one occasion last year there were approx 120 bikes and quads cruising on Perry Hill on both lanes taking up the full width of the road heading toward Cat...
by JGD
22 Jun 2018 06:23
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: New St Christopher's Charity Shop
Replies: 35
Views: 17645

Re: New St Christopher's Charity Shop

The council could have dealt with this in a very different fashion. As LB Lewisham had done with other retail applications in Sydenham, they could have granted the approval with conditions that required the submission of satisfactory Sounds and Traffic statements for subsequent approval by the plann...
by JGD
18 Jun 2018 10:30
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Bell Green Gasometers – A Compromise
Replies: 26
Views: 14251

Re: Bell Green Gasometers – A Compromise

A renewed Prior Notification of the demolition of the two existing gasholders and ancillary buildings at Bell Green has been submitted to LB Lewisham Planning Reference DC/18/107607 dated 13 June 2018. This can be seen at https://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online-applications/ The submitted documentat...
by JGD
17 Jun 2018 10:34
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: New St Christopher's Charity Shop
Replies: 35
Views: 17645

Re: New St Christopher's Charity Shop

Nicely and succinctly done sparticus.

Looks very different when you put it that way.
by JGD
14 Jun 2018 15:52
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sydenham Assembly Wednesday 13th June 2018
Replies: 38
Views: 16197

Re: Sydenham Assembly Wednesday 13th June 2018

Removed by author
by JGD
14 Jun 2018 14:04
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sydenham Assembly Wednesday 13th June 2018
Replies: 38
Views: 16197

Re: Sydenham Assembly Wednesday 13th June 2018

Removed by author.
by JGD
14 Jun 2018 12:37
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Mural?
Replies: 220
Views: 145396

Re: sticky:Mural?

Is that galaxy far, far away ?
by JGD
14 Jun 2018 11:04
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Mural?
Replies: 220
Views: 145396

Re: sticky:Mural?

... so a mural doesn't necessarily mean shutting the track down specially! I refer to my earlier detailed posts on this and the other forum. ANY work down on or near the track will need some form of possession. In all probability it will need installers and or artists to be trained in track-side wo...
by JGD
14 Jun 2018 10:08
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Mural?
Replies: 220
Views: 145396

Re: sticky:Mural?

I agree that the platform 1 spot is hard to deliver, but given that Network Rail want a mural done, and have money put aside for it, perhaps they could instal it at the Christmas / New Year shutdown? It could be done on panels off-site, which would make the installation time more manageable. . This...
by JGD
14 Jun 2018 09:31
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Mural?
Replies: 220
Views: 145396

Re: sticky:Mural?

Julia Understood. I'm afraid however that I played no part in communicating directly with NR. However I do know someone who does and can contact them and ask for details.. Jon also was active on the forum yesterday - perhaps a short PM to him may also provide the name and details. Looked at both The...
by JGD
14 Jun 2018 08:46
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Mural?
Replies: 220
Views: 145396

Re: sticky:Mural?

The Network Rail contact for the original proposal and who co-ordinated the Catford and Forest Hill murals did not AFAIA play a role on that in-station site proposal. SydSoc representatives attended the first kick-off meeting and advised that they had been endeavouring to move to paint a mural there...
by JGD
12 Jun 2018 18:12
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sydenham Station plans
Replies: 1
Views: 2082

Re: Sydenham Station plans

Great resource Julia.
by JGD
10 Jun 2018 19:00
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Mural?
Replies: 220
Views: 145396

Re: sticky:Mural?

Do we know how much money the crowdfunding raised? Is it the council view or the lack of public support that has put this project on hold? . The sequence agreed prior to moving to kick-off for crowd funding was that selection of site, selection of artwork and confirmation of those points would have...
by JGD
9 Jun 2018 09:07
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sydenham Assembly Wednesday 13th June 2018
Replies: 38
Views: 16197

Re: Sydenham Assembly Wednesday 13th June 2018

"........ In regards to the height and scale of the building, after visiting the site, we could see no reason to dispute that the dimensions approved have not been adhered to. But the materials remained the main, overall concern." . Good reply Julia. The roof line change is clear and evident but I ...