Bell Green Action Group - an Alternative Proposal.

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Bell Green Action Group - an Alternative Proposal.

Post by JGD »

The first manifestation of an info website that seeks to inform Bellingham Ward residents and businesses about the potential to form a body that focuses on the Ward issues from within its boundaries was launched on Friday.

https://bell-green.org/

For clarity it is NOT the the proposal led by Julia Webb and Cllr Liam Curran and has the potential to lead to a specific counter-proposal.

At Liam and Julia's second meeting conducted yesterday with circa 24 attendees, 16 people voted to support the formation of their 3-ward proposal. Julia and Liam were voted as office bearers for the interim body.

For balance, the new website does include the draft proposal placed in the public domain by Julia to enable people to make direct comparison.

If you would be interested in expressing your views, propose an idea for Bellingham Ward or reject the concept of forming a body, can I invite you to get in touch directly?

My email address is on the website.

If you want to join in the formation process – as a supporter or as an active participant – would you be interested in having your email address added to a growing contact list?

For the new Bellingham Ward body to be recognised formally by Lewisham Council it requires 21 signatories to the proposal.

These signatories can be residents, businesses and people who work in the area.

If the qualifying number of 21 signatories is reached, Lewisham Council are obliged to recognise the formed body – it is an obligation with which the Council must lawfully comply.
JRW

Re: Bell Green Action Group - an Alternative Proposal.

Post by JRW »

Hi John. I think you have mistaken the numbers, as the babies attending the BGNF meeting were not entitled to vote. A couple of people had to leave before the vote, which was overwhelmingly in favour of proceeding. You are the only person who voted against, and there were no abstentions.

Your vote was counted, but as a stickler for the rules, I am surprised that you attempted to vote. Having refused to sign into the forum, you weren't actually entitled to do so, but we took the decision to not challenge you, and registered your vote.

We also have a long list of people who are enthusiastic about the forum, but were unable to come on Saturday. I have no doubt that the BGNF's next meeting, at 2pm on Sunday 31 October, will have the necessary quorum, and we can register officially.

BTW, as you know, I am enthusiastic about your all-Bellingham forum idea, but am baffled why you want to call it the Bell Green Action Group. Surely the name will only confuse /offend the rest of Bellingham ward, and will certainly disrupt the BGNF's communications.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

JRW wrote: 26 Sep 2021 19:38 Hi John. I think you have mistaken the numbers, as the babies attending the BGNF meeting were not entitled to vote. A couple of people had to leave before the vote, which was overwhelmingly in favour of proceeding. You are the only person who voted against, and there were no abstentions.

Your vote was counted, but as a stickler for the rules, I am surprised that you attempted to vote. Having refused to sign into the forum, you weren't actually entitled to do so, but we took the decision to not challenge you, and registered your vote.
If my numbers are in error, I stand to be corrected and will have no problem with that. Never let your version of hard facts get in the way of accuracy.

The published record will undoubtedly be accurate.

As to the validity of my vote - are you making this up? Is this a futile attempt to silence my views - if so, what a shame.

Hey-ho - lets move on.

At no point was I asked to sign-in - I WAS invited to complete a Membership proposal form in advance of the detailed contents of your draft proposal being presented to the meeting for it to consider, weigh and vote on. I did decline to complete the form.

But then you did not advise me it was a sign-in process nor did you ask for a sign-in book or form to be completed.

Your post once more demonstrates the preponderance and pre-disposition in your nature to personalise and direct your hostility towards any person you perceive to be opposed to you.

I can only respond as all reasonable people do - and disregard the futility of the events you have so very inaccurately described.

Naming is not an issue - you can read the the content of the website and observe how it is described there.

Ho-hum.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

This is becoming much like the People's Popular front of Judea sketch in The Life of Brian.
JGD

Post by JGD »

stone-penge wrote: 12 Nov 2021 12:02 This is becoming much like the People's Popular front of Judea sketch in The Life of Brian.
But what did the Romans ever do for us.