Girton Road Car Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Trattoria Raffaele

Re: Girton Road Car Park

Post by Trattoria Raffaele »

I have just seen an enormous caravan arrive in the car park. Is anything being done to stop more coming in ??
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I would assume The Police would have stopped new entries in car park.

What the dickens is going on. I feel for the restaurants in that vicinity.
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Trattoria Raffaele wrote:I have just seen an enormous caravan arrive in the car park. Is anything being done to stop more coming in ??
Obviously not - not without the court order that is!

Let's hope it won't take too much longer as there is a chance of more arriving all the time the word is getting around
and there is more space in the car park.. There is the problem (as Eagle points out) that they may just move to
somewhere else also local such as Alexandra Recreation Ground, certainly not far away. By the looks of things so far
it's all down to this 'Court Order' ...
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Bradford

It Beggars belief that a judge cannot be tracked down to sign the document. Surely nothing to debate. They should not be there. Simples.

Why do these things take so long.

I expect if they moved into Whitehall they would be moved at once.....
parker

Post by parker »

Some people are travellers, others are black. There's not a problem here apart from the travellers in Girton Road and those who play the racist card...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Parker

Is there any meaning to your post. I am , for one , baffled.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

We should send Eagle down there to bare knuckle fight their best man, if Eagle wins they should leave at once but if he looses they should be allowed to stay for Xmas :D
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I wish Eagle wouldn't keep saying 'simples' (which I'm told is a quotation from some TV commercial.) It's REALLY IRRITATING!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Apologies Robin

Will cease from now.
MATILDA

Post by MATILDA »

We have nice decorated Halloween pumpkins to play with if they get bored with their ipads
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Capt.

Surely you are not advocating violence in this matter.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Went along this afternoon to have a look.
There seems to be a lot of building refuse and general junk accumulating . You can see where a large fire has been lit and the occupants are now really taking up the whole lower car park .
It was quiet enough but I suspect many if the occupants were out .
Not a pretty sight obviously .
What a shame the council are being held up for the sake of a magistrate signing a slip of paper .
The clean-up cost is no doubt mounting by the day - when we had the riots several courts sat throughout the night . This is by no means comparable but I am very sure there are out of hours arrangements in all courts to take care of eviction orders in cases like this .
Good evening
Nigel

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Nigel
You have hit the hammer on the nail, whatever that means.

Who will pay to clear up this mess after and if they ever leave.

Cannot Bailiffs search the vans for valuables to help pay for this clear up. Seems good idea to me. They seem to have some very loud audio equipment for an start .

Can restaurants in that part of the High Street sue anyone for loss of trade while these lovely people are here? Would be interested in how much business suffered ?
Willy

Post by Willy »

Code: Select all

There seems to be a lot of building refuse and general junk accumulating . You can see where a large fire has been lit 
Glad to see they are living up to the stereotype...
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Willy wrote:

Code: Select all

There seems to be a lot of building refuse and general junk accumulating . You can see where a large fire has been lit 
Glad to see they are living up to the stereotype...
Yes Willy, by the sounds of it they certainly are. The truth is that in many cases they have stereotyped themselves:
Here's another but just one example: http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/106073 ... ng_fields/

We don't hear too many reports where travellers have used a site, then left it cleaned up and cleared of junk when
they have vacated. I've witnessed at first hand where travellers have left sites trashed, even broken down new
fences to burn as firewood. The rest of society do normally end up paying the price for this!

Whether or not there should be sites made available for them is yet another debate, there is possibly some grounding
for a solution in this argument. Meanwhile Girton Road car park gets trashed and law abiding traders suffer, not a
fair or good outcome in my book!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I agree Bradford.

I expect house prices have crashed next to the site.

Why should these good people get anyway with not paying for damage. As I said I expect they have valuables and bailiffs should pay them a visit.

Why is this not done. Would be done to anybody with a house.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

14BradfordRoad wrote:
We don't hear too many reports where travellers have used a site, then left it cleaned up and cleared of junk when
they have vacated. I've witnessed at first hand where travellers have left sites trashed, even broken down new
fences to burn as firewood. The rest of society do normally end up paying the price for this!
We don't hear about it, but it does happen. A group of travellers were parked in the car park at my gym for about two weeks. They were tidy and polite and left the place as they found it.

I noticed the travellers in Girton Road lit another fire early yesterday evening. Fire Brigade in attendance. Again.
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Rachael wrote: We don't hear about it, but it does happen. A group of travellers were parked in the car park at my gym for about two weeks. They were tidy and polite and left the place as they found it.
Thanks Rachael, fair play to that group of 'respectful travellers' it would be nice to hear more when this happens,
possibly not news-worthy enough! :? I'm hoping that more traveller experiences are not bad ones!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Hi Folks

Has anyone visited the good ladies and gents today. Is the site pristine and is there signs of their forthcoming departure.

I am sure they are bringing prosperity to all the local restaurants and shops. A veritable bonanza of profit.
MissBee

Post by MissBee »

Another large caravan drove into the car park tonight.
The lower car park now is an absolute mess of junk, rubbish everywhere. The drone of their generators must be a massive pain to close neighbours and all one can see in the caravans are the various illuminations of massive flat screen Tv's. On sat morning, they were burning tyres, the stench of god knows how many chemicals rising up into the air for us all to breathe in.
What is being done about this situation? Why can only one judge sign a flippin court order?? Ggrrr...