Sydenham house prices up by 50k?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stone-penge

Re: Sydenham house prices up by 50k?

Post by stone-penge »

I'm concerned this constant bickering on the Sydenham will negatively effect house prices.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I understand Tim and Mary are actually best friends, it is all a game.

I doubt whether it will have any effect on house prices. How many people actually use the site and I would think nearly all of those have a house or flat.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Eagle wrote:I understand Tim and Mary are actually best friends, it is all a game.

I doubt whether it will have any effect on house prices. How many people actually use the site and I would think nearly all of those have a house or flat.
Well, I do like Mary for her commitment to local issues, and we have in the past been able to get on fine, but ATM I can't say we are best friends, and it's not all a game.

I was going to do an apology anyway, for stone-penge and Robin especially, because I do appreciate how distressing my anger on some of these topics is. I've written elsewhere that it's not personal, which is true in the sense that what angers me is not any person, but the consequences of what I think is misguided campaigning. I could limit myself to arguing using an abstract language, full of generalisations, but it is actual people who make a difference, for good or ill.

It would be nice to move on. The topic I started today, Re-engineering the high street, was an attempt to do that. This is the sort of thing I think amenity societies should be thinking about.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Shawn Steven wrote: 29 Sep 2020 05:51 Hi, I just read your thread,
The thread from 6 years ago... yup.