Online petition to save the Windmill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Eagle

Re: Online petition to save the Windmill

Post by Eagle »

Now Tim I must take issue with you in your desire that Pubs be allowed to close.

We have lost many pubs in last decade or so. OK maybe some needed to go , especially the Two Halves ( sorry spelling incorrectly ).

Pubs are a particular British invention which we should be proud of.

People like Mary , who go out of their way to assist the community , deserve our full support.

I still hope common sense prevails and The Windmill stays as a community asset , maybe coffee shop if not pub .

The thought of yet another faceless supermarket fills one with dread
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Churchill is alleged to have said once: "Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash." All fine and British maybe, but I can't see any more reason for supporting rum than the other two.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As this topic has moved from the discussion of a community asset to a personal row - it has no place in Town Hall. Hence I will close it.

Frankly in this season of good cheer I would ask folks to think more than twice about continuing rowing elsewhere. If people wish to return to the Windmill itself - feel free to start a fresh topic.

Admin