anonymity

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
hazy

anonymity

Post by hazy »

yet again, the subject of anonymity of posters has been raised in another topic. it would be helpful, at least for me, to have a definitive, forum-wide "ruling" on this issue. setting aside the practical issues of how a person's "real" identity is to be established, i have no wish to be part of an online community which seeks to police its members in this way. it may be that i am in the minority and, if this is the case, i shall leave quietly by the back door .....
Rachael

Re: anonymity

Post by Rachael »

I wouldn't worry about it, hazy. It seems to me that there is only one forum member (Tim Lund) who has an issue with anonymity. I don't see anyone rushing to insist that posters should be identifiable.
admin
Site Admin

Re: anonymity

Post by admin »

There is an old thread here: http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6518

The poll was very much in favour of the status quo of posters choosing whether they be anonymous or not. It also goes with my prejudice in the content of the post that is important - not who posted it.

In the interests of good housekeeping can you please add your comments to that thread and I will close this.

Admin