The Alexandra to become a hostel?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
G-Man

Re: The Alexandra to become a hostel?

Post by G-Man »

Yes, it is Late Knights. They are hoping to open in a couple of months as far as I'm aware. Lots of work needed on the boozer though. I'm sure it will be fab once opened.

G-man
Pally

Post by Pally »

This sort of "thinking out the box" to meet potential needs, adapt spaces whilst retaining aspects of community service, seem a good idea to me ...not just this particular idea...but generally looking at things differently rather than maintaining the status quo whether its the best thing now or not. This one looks interesting!
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

I was in Sydenham Beer Rebellion last Tuesday night with a friend who lives on Alexandria Rd, and we were talking with the man behind the bar, he said that there's lots going on at The Alexandria, and once the work is signed off, and they take ownership, then their internal refit will be done and open within 2 weeks.
There had been lots of hold ups due to them having a 'hotel' with no car parking spaces, or something like that...
anyway - The Alexandria is imminent!
alywin

Post by alywin »

That's good to know.

It doesn't look as though I can edit the original title of this thread - my apologies if it's spreading alarm and despondency :)