Acorns - a blight on the landscape

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
castiron73

Acorns - a blight on the landscape

Post by castiron73 »

We noticed three new For Sale signs in the Thorpes from Acorns estate agents. Being nosy and having a friend looking for a house, we popped in.

Strangely, only one house was for sale.

The agent explained the other signs were not advertisng houses for sale but were advertising a local school summer fair.

We went back and sure enough they were - in tiny black writing at the top of the sign.
Far smaller than the telephone number for Acorns

Hardly charitable, and surely against planning laws
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

k
Last edited by mummycat on 18 Jul 2011 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
piano teacher

Post by piano teacher »

its weird i tried to look up that lennard road house on all those agents websites and couldn't find it for love nor money
lbere

Post by lbere »

These are quite common in America. They advertise both the estate agents and an event. The estate agents pay the orgainisation holding the event a sum of money to place the boards outside properties belonging to the organisation staff/supporters. I think they pay about £40 a board in this county. I have one on my road and think they have been conned. You have to be underneath the board and have good eyesight to read what event the board is for. I believe that they stay up for four weeks, two weeks before the event and two weeks after the event. What good that does the event holder, Im not sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wispy Wonder

Post by Wispy Wonder »

Just look down the High St. Nearly every other building has an Acorn or Property World sign saying that the placehas been let or sold. If that is the case - why not take the damn signs down!

Let's face it - the High St has enough eyesores without nasty plastic signs everywhere.

W. Wonder