Withdrawal of the N75

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Cleo Lightfoot

Withdrawal of the N75

Post by Cleo Lightfoot »

cry: Last night I was shocked to discover that the N75 has been withdrawn. I sat outside Fairfield Halls for over an hour before some people arriving at the bus stop for another bus told me it had been withdrawn a month ago. I had to pay £17 for a cab home and I am a pensioner. I did not realise because I must have caught the last bus for the previous weeks, this time I stayed out later than usual as I went to hear a band I like at the Ship in Croydon, after listening to a band at the White Horse I caught a 75 to Croydon. I cannot believe that I now have to rush home from Croydon as well as having to leave early everywhere else because mostly the last trains are about midnight.
KCS

Re: Withdrawal of the N75

Post by KCS »

Cleo Lightfoot wrote:I had to pay £17 for a cab home and I am a pensioner.
I've not used cabs for ages but when I did they were usually £6.00 from Croydon to Sydenham so why did you pay almost 3 times that ?

It was maybe 10 yrs ago so are these the prices now ?

Cleo Lightfoot wrote:I sat outside Fairfield Halls for over an hour before some people arriving at the bus stop for another bus told me it had been withdrawn a month ago.

I would have been reading the bus stop itself to see how often the buses ran before waiting and therefore should have come across some info saying it was no longer running but thats just me :roll:
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Most mini cabs are usually between £1.80 and £2.00 per mile.
'Some' charge a supplement if after midnight (and certain bank holidays).
Depending on where you live the distance from Croydon to Sydenham is about 5 - 6 miles. West Croydon Bus Station to Cobbs Corner is exactly 5 miles.

Recently I got a cab from the otherside of Sanderstead to Sydenham (about 10 miles) at 3.30 in the morning and it was £18.00.

So all I can suggest, it was either a black cab or you was mugged!