E R Moore - Builders flytipping in Sydenham Hill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
char1ie

E R Moore - Builders flytipping in Sydenham Hill

Post by char1ie »

Hi Sydenham residents,

I don't know if it bothers you the way it bothers me but flytipping is such a pain in the neck. And typically where one person or company decides to fly tip, other people follow suit.

This builder, E R Moore (based in Streatham) is working in DeFrene Road in Sydenham Hill and has decided it is cheaper and easier to leave about three tons of building waste dumped in the lane that runs behind the houses in DeFrene Road rather than get a skip. (photos below)

To be fair he did say he plans to get a skip in two weeks time. My attitude is that rubbish like this should be kept in the garden and then put in a skip, not left out in public. I called the Environmental Health department in Lewisham Council today and I hope they take action. I have property that backs onto the lane.

The builder lives in Streatham. I'm sure he wouldn't be happy if I dumped three tons of waste at the back of his house and left it there for four weeks.

This is the company in question: http://g-cmp.co.uk/c/e-r-moore-construc ... 99776.html

Charlie
Eagle

Re: E R Moore - Builders flytipping in Sydenham Hill

Post by Eagle »

This is an absolute disgrace. Surely the Police should be involved. Good Luck with it.
char1ie

Post by char1ie »

I haven't heard back from Lewisham Council Environmental Health team yet. And I'm sure the builder plans to eventually clear up but that stuff shouldn't even be there for an hour let alone a month.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Did you send photos to "Love Lewisham" ? I found them really good when I lived in Sydenham.
I hate people who dump rubbish!
As you say if he is going to get it picked up eventually, he shouldn't have put it on public owned land to begin with.
Kirkdalian

Post by Kirkdalian »

You can report fly tipping here... hate it too!
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/e ... pping.aspx
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Is that driveway public or private land? If it is private land (shared between the various householders perhaps) then I think I am correct in saying that it is a civil matter between the owners and the dumper and not a criminal matter that the council would get involved in.
Eagle wrote:This is an absolute disgrace. Surely the Police should be involved. Good Luck with it.
No. The correct prosecuting authority is the Local Authority.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

since when was De Frene Road in Sydenham Hill?!

i thought Sydenham Hill was the other side of the railway line.

Where abouts on this private stretch of 'road' is the flytipping?
north side, adjoining the allotments/sydenham garden site, or south side, Adamsrill road?

either way, it's [strike]a private road.[/strike] not public highway.

regardless - send a letter to the registered address of the company, explaining that you know that he's fly tipped the rubish and that if it's not removed within 14 days, you'll start legal procedings against him. Make it sound fairly official, and that you'll follow through, and most people won't ignore something like this, so hopefully he'll get it cleared.
Last edited by JRobinson on 24 Apr 2014 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
char1ie

Post by char1ie »

Sorry about the delay in responding. It's not a private road but it is common land and not maintained by the council. What matters is the dumping of builders waste when it should have gone in a skip.

I'll pop back in the next day or two to see if its gone. And it was in the stretch between DeFrene Road and Adamsrill School.

I did report it to Lewisham's enviornmental waste team and they said they would pay a visit to the location where the builder is working but I haven't heard back from them of course.

Charlie
char1ie

Post by char1ie »

Well, I popped back yesterday and can report that all the rubbish has been cleared and nothing else has been dumped by the builder.

I really get frustrated by people that dump rubbish but I also believe that using forums like this, telling people who dump waste that it is not on, and reporting to the environmental team in the local council can prevent people from doing it.

Charlie
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

char1ie wrote:Well, I popped back yesterday and can report that all the rubbish has been cleared and nothing else has been dumped by the builder.

I really get frustrated by people that dump rubbish but I also believe that using forums like this, telling people who dump waste that it is not on, and reporting to the environmental team in the local council can prevent people from doing it.

Charlie
Result. :D