On the Hoof Bistro

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
dorino

Re: On the Hoof Bistro

Post by dorino »

I was so pleased, along with most other Sydenham dwellers when On the Hoof opened. I've been in a few times and heard some mixed experiences from others.

I was really disappointed with my visit today. I had half an hour to go for a coffee before an appointment, there were three tables with four people in total in the cafe. I ordered coffees for me and my partner, and sat waiting for 15 minutes...at this point I reminded the person behind the counter about the coffees, still nothing for another ten minutes. Another party came in, got served and received their drinks AND food while I was waiting. After asking yet again, and being made to feel like we were kicking up an unnecessary fuss by the woman behind the counter, I went to ask for the coffees in a take away cup and paid. No apology from the woman behind the counter at all, and once I got outside and started to drink the coffee, it was barely tepid. And for that I paid five pounds.

On the Hoof need to address how they look after their customers, because they won't return after receiving service like this.
Pally

Re: On the Hoof Bistro

Post by Pally »

I'm sorry to say I had a similar experience when I went for a meal. The service was slow and the food was really nothing special. I am going to give it another go though incase I was just unlucky.