Fig & Pistachio??

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Parkrunner

Re: Fig & Pistachio??

Post by Parkrunner »

Checked it out today. Looks great, the coffee's great and the cakes are delicious - I had a chocolate and raspberry tart; parents both had the chocolate & honey cake. Great addition to Sydenham. Just wish it was a bit closer to my end of the 'hood!
sydres

Post by sydres »

Tried their brioche earlier - delicious! Lovely cafe will definitely be coming back to sample more!
coldand

Post by coldand »

Went here yesterday and I'm sorry to say coffee wasn't up to scratch . A flat white cost £2.60 and unfortunately wasn't great . Hopefully their skills with the coffee machine will increase and they will raise their game. On the whole it looks nice inside and coffee was served with a smile !!
love-sydenham

Post by love-sydenham »

Not had chance to pop in yet, but drove by another day and thought it looked really great!!!!!

:-D
stevecorinwoah

Post by stevecorinwoah »

I'd strongly recommend this place, it's hands down my favourite in the area.

Coffee is excellent and I love the revolving menu of sandwiches, soups and cakes. I'm not a big quiche fan, which seems to be a speciality of theirs but I always find plenty else to eat there.

Friendly, peaceful, free wi-fi. Good for a read or a chat.

It's a pity that its location on the corner is just slightly out of view for most people as I'm not sure many people are stumbling on it and I'd really hate to see it go.

That wee wine bar slightly further down the road from it is well worth a visit too. Very nice and light atmosphere.
bag lady

Post by bag lady »

I second your recommendation although im a big fan of the quiche, the best I've ever had.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

I called in for some tasty savoury muffins and had a chat to Isabelle. Being on the corner there is a lack of parking for passing trade - so keep spreading the word about this excellent offer in Kirkdale. I am talking to Lewisham's Highways team about the available funding from Transport for London to see if a few more parking bays can be provided. Further ideas then join us for the SEE3 Town Team meeting on Tuesday - info@see3.co.uk

Cllr Chris Best
Chair of SEE3
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Chris

I agree lovely place.

Surely shops in Sydenham do not and should not rely on passing motorists. Do we really need any more parking places.
SteveG85

Post by SteveG85 »

I completely agree, Fig & Pistachio is great - we pop down there at the weekend for breakfast. 161 wine bar further down on Kirkdale is fantastic too for good wines, a few guest beers and food too - here's hoping someone new takes over the recently closed That's Amoré restaurant soon
sydres

Post by sydres »

This cafe is such a little gem of a place - delicious food. Well worth a visit!