Reward offered for laptop return

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Middlesbrough

Reward offered for laptop return

Post by Middlesbrough »

Yesterday afternoon my house on Taylor's Lane was broken into. Amongst the items taken was an old laptop, 8 years I think. I think it's probably worthless but it has most of the photos of my young family since they were babies. Including all of the photos of my 2 year old before he was diagnosed with cancer. Please can you return it if you took it, or if someone offers you an old grey Toshiba A100 laptop please PM me. Reward offered.
goonerchamp

Re: Reward offered for laptop return

Post by goonerchamp »

B*stards!!! I've copied your post into a couple Sydenham related groups on Facebook. Hope you don't mind. Here's hoping.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Setup a watch on eBay.

And whilst this is no good to you now: take backups going forwards :(
Pally

Post by Pally »

That is such bad luck for you. Hope the publicity gets it back. :?
mosy

Post by mosy »

Not sure if I want to say this but if someone wanted to sell a stolen laptop publicly (e.g. via eBay) they'd do a disc erase/wipe. .
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

I shared your stolen laptop on Facebook and have you checked on gum tree as there are a few for sale on there. One is being repeated constantly.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Thank you all for your help and good ideas. Cat woman, have looked on Gumtree and the one I see repeated seems to have been first posted before the theft. But much appreciated. And yes I expect a wipe, but have to try. Maybe recoverable.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Call all of the local repair shops as well. You never know...
mosy

Post by mosy »

I've just had a thought - probably useless but you never know... As it was stolen from your house, you could perhaps put a reward notice on your front railings. This because a thief might just be cheeky enough if it's still in his possession and not valuable enough to sell on. Would the thief see your notice? Well maybe as we're warned that burglars can re-strike once valuable goods have been insurance-replaced.