Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mosy

Re: Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

Post by mosy »

I noticed the "Recommendation"

3.1 The Mayor is recommended:
(1) To note the content of the report and request that a further report is
prepared by the end of January 2015 to update progress.

Is that a way of saying nothing will happen in the next three and a half months? I hope some resolutions will be passed at the 22 Oct meeting that someone will do something other than report no change 14 weeks from now...
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

If my memory correct most of the tiles were in the annex on the Cobb's side , which I think has been gone for some time.

Did they intend to rebuild the annex as well.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

The tiles are being restored.

See this link for pictures of them:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 271&type=1

The corridor isn't being restored, they are being put back in the interior of the pub. This isn't uncommon.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Lee

I am puzzled if the pub listed why not the annex. Was that not part of the Pub.

Nice to see tiles will be retained albeit not in the correct place.

Strange.
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Admin's recording of last night's Mayor and Cabinet meeting on the Greyhound is well worth a few minutes viewing.

http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12036

Is this the breakthrough we've been waiting for? Chris Best's declaration in the meeting that we want to see builders back on site by early December is something we can only hope comes true. The next few weeks will tell whether Purelake will provide a timetable and get back on the job. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

There are operators who want to run a pub on the site and retailers who are eager to move into the units to the rear and side. How great it would be to have three new businesses operating in this area of the high street next year bringing with them extra footfall, jobs and commercial success to the area - not to mention reinstating a well-loved major landmark.

Let's keep the pressure on both developer and planners.

Barry Milton
mosy

Post by mosy »

As I heard it, even the Mayor considered it optimism that Purelake would be back on site any time soon given the letter was only of intent (as before) and details were still to be resolved.

I don't understand why no "action" resolutions were proposed by the Mayor as to who was in charge of sorting out the detail (and hopefully a timescale). Isn't "action" why the matter was brought to the Mayor and Cabinet's attention in the first place?

Complacency - benign acceptance? - by the Mayor about accepting the prepared report and Purelake's 11th hour "holding" letter is perhaps what I'd expect to be reported to a public meeting so can only hope something more is being done behind the scenes than waiting patiently.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I am sure the mayor is being guarded in his comments and still many hurdles to overcome but huge well done to Annabel and co for some great strides forward .
Just what we needed - I am certain they will kick start PureFlake into action and I hope soon .
A very good evening
Nigel
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

I too was surprised that the Mayor - or even the planning department themselves - didn't impose time limits for the drawing up a timetable to build by Purelake. After all, the issues which Purelake refer to in their letter (that the 2010 plan doesn't allow for a basement and a conservatory) can be sorted out very quickly since no-one at this stage is opposing either of those two elements. This is why the Sydenham Society has written to the Chief Executive and the Mayor requesting that very clear deadlines be drawn up for a work timetable and for the developer to be back on site. If this doesn't happen we'd expect legal action to be pursued very rapidly. The head of Lewisham Planning John Miller is in charge of dealing with this issue.

I remain pessimistic about the chances of success because of what's happened to date but those who have seen Purelake's letter (it can't be made public for commercial reasons) say that it really does seem to indicate a change of direction. Only time will tell and we should find out within the next 21 days whether we're getting somewhere.

Barry Milton