Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Manwithaview1

Re: Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

Post by Manwithaview1 »

We could also ask them directly

http://www.purelake.co.uk/contact.php

No abuse just asking politely.
Smiffy

Post by Smiffy »

Manwithaview1 wrote:We could also ask them directly

http://www.purelake.co.uk/contact.php

No abuse just asking politely.
I tried. They just ignore it.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

biscuitman1978 wrote:Given that the Facebook page has been deleted, can I urge people to leave a Google review, as michael suggested a few days ago:
michael wrote:If you do a Google search on Purelake you can leave a review of the company there as well (possibly you need a Google+ account). The great thing about this is that Google controls the reviews, not Purelake, and it shows up prominently when anybody Googles them.

6 reviews so far. :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Search East wrote:I think Purelake are getting a bit uncomfortable, they're taken down their Facebook page after the comments / ratings that went on their site!

Dead link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pure ... 81?fref=ts …
So this is what the Purelake Group don't want you to see. Please feel free to copy and post on your own website or blog:

leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I think the fact that they have taken down their Facebook page is newsworthy, which I'm sure the likes of the South London Press and Newshopper would be interested in.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Quite right Lee. And if you are reading this Purelake - are you aware of 'The Streisand Effect'?

"The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet."

HTH,
Admin
Smiffy

Post by Smiffy »

They're getting rave reviews on google :D :D :D :D
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

leenewham wrote:I think the fact that they have taken down their Facebook page is newsworthy, which I'm sure the likes of the South London Press and Newshopper would be interested in.

I tweeted to New shopper, but they came back with, they had already done an article on the campaign last week, so I told them Purelake have had to take down their FB page, see if they come back to me, but I doubt it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Last night's meeting report is now here:
http://sydenham.org.uk/rebuild-the-grey ... ng-report/

Admin
parker

Post by parker »

Who said that McDonald's were interested...? I can't help think this is a lie. You wouldn't even fit the kitchen of a McDonald's restaurant into the space of The Greyhound. Has anyone seen the kitchen in the Lower Sydenham one? It's far larger than the restaurant seating area alone.

The Greyhound is too small for such a commercial business, unless it was a cafe you'd find at a park. Even so, the cafe in Dulwich Park is larger than The Greyhound. If a pub company took over they'd wanna sell food like The Silvan Post, is it practical to spend a tonne of money on it for such a small space, surely the kitchen would have to be impractically located upstairs.

Whilst it would be good for Purlake to get their cummuppence the viability of this needs re-thinking, it's not the large pub with the beautiful large tiled area at the back anymore. If William Hill et al are the likely tenant and want it I for one would rather have the bulldozers...
gerispringer

Post by gerispringer »

Is there an "I hate Purelake" FB page which people could post comments?
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Parker. The objective of this thread is to save the greyhound as a pub. Have you been to the London Beer Dispensary? Or the old red cow? Or Beer Rebellion? Or 161 Kirkdale? All small spaces. And they serve food. And they work. Anyway I've said this so many times it's getting boring. And have you never seen a pub using a dumb waiter to deliver food?!?

Let's keep this thread on subject and about saving the Greyhound as a pub.

G-Man
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Parker, why do you think it's too small?

It's on 3 floors. Kitchens are (will be) downstairs. It's actually larger than a lot of pubs. Look at the plans. Speculation about the size isn't helpful. As I understand it, part of the reason the basement was dug out was because they consulted with other pub owners on the layout. Upstairs there are function rooms/dining rooms. It would be a decent size pub/bar/restaurant with a decent amount of covers. It's on the market for £425k for the freehold.

Each floor is about 1333 square feet, plus the outside seating area.

This appears to be out of date as it doesn't take into account the basement (and other changes) but gives you a fairly good idea of what it is:
http://www.acorncommercial.co.uk/files/ ... 4964aa.pdf

#rebuildthegreyhound
ariana.p.newham

Post by ariana.p.newham »

gerispringer,

The notes from the campaign meeting organized by the Sydenham Society say "The society has volunteers to manage a Twitter & Facebook campaign", I'm sure we'll hear from them soon :)

In the mean time, can I suggest you leave a google review as mentioned above? The petition already has almost 600 signatures online, if Purelake had a similar amount of negatives reviews on google they won't be able to make them disappear as they did with the ones on Facebook.

If I was Purelake, I wouldn't be happy seeing this right at the top when somoene googles me:
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

I see Purelakes PR 'expert' is taking remediative measures to repair the company image:

:D
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

stone-penge wrote:I see Purelakes PR 'expert' is taking remediative measures to repair the company image:

:D
Well, I'm sure all her 37 followers will really be bothered.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Sydenham Syd wrote:
I'm wonder if her employers are, you know, the ones so proud to be working in "partnership" with Lewisham?
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

stone-penge wrote:
Sydenham Syd wrote:
I'm wonder if her employers are, you know, the ones so proud to be working in "partnership" with Lewisham?
Sorry, I was being facetious/ironic
She's clearly a total moron
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sydenham Syd wrote:Well, I'm sure all her 37 followers will really be bothered.
Soon to be 38. I really can't get enough of her so eloquently helping to shoot her employer/career in the foot.

Admin :shock:
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I hope Tracey removes that and doesn't react to some of the childish things people have written about her name. Criticism should be about the actions of the people behind the current state of the Greyhound and the company behind the actions, not personal attacks on those that work for that company.

I hope Purelake have a quiet word with her, but offer their support to her and respond to the criticism of the situation and the understandable frustration of the local community.

I hope Purelake break their silence, which to be honest is damaging to their reputation, and communicate their will, intent and apologise for the current state of this important gateway to Sydenham.

The worst part of this is not knowing what is going on and the apparent stalemate of parties involved to move forward and resolve the issues to get the project completed. I don't believe this is a private affair, the community needs to know what is going on. Mr Dowd and his company need to communicate what's going on and why. Otherwise this is just going to get worse.

Tracey, if you are reading this, please hold your head up high, don't do anything silly like this tweet as it just makes things worse. Perhaps have a word with your boss to get them to do their best to #rebuildthegreyhound so a neglected building in Sydenham doesn't make the area feel like a sh*thole.