Walking - London's best walk - Saturday 27th

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Ian Bull

Walking - London's best walk - Saturday 27th

Post by Ian Bull »

Hullo everyone,

I'm sure you know that South East London's 'Green Chain Walk' traverses Sydenham. You might have wondered where it goes and why so many regard it as by far the best of London's long distance footpaths. On Saturday 'Walk London' is offering a free guided walk on the Green Chain that will demonstrate just how attractive the network is.

** Saturday 27th - The ninth Green Chain 'Megawalk'.

As I say here every year, at 21.5 miles this is London's ultimate walk. It's both the longest and longest established and passes through the finest landscape. Many people from 'Sydenham Town' will agree as having taken part before they've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gently climbing to some of the highest points in the city, suburbia gives way to outstanding views and London's best woodland. If you have binoculars bring them, weather permitting you might see the North Sea! For much of the walk you won't know you are in any city, let alone the Metropolis. The course is steep in its latter parts, a packed lunch is essential and, you must be reasonably fit. If you can sustain three miles per hour this is the one walk that you should do. There's no need to book but do feel free to contact me for further information.

We'll start from Crystal Palace railway station at 09.15 and finish at by the Thames at Erith by 18.30. Don't be put off by the length as almost everyone who starts does finish, the camaraderie keeps everyone going!

The walk is promoted by 'Walk London' which is a Transport for London project. There is more information on WL's home page which is...

http://www.walklondon.org.uk

and here...

http://www.walk4life.info/events/london ... n-megawalk

I look forward to seeing you!

All the best

Ian

IAN BULL
JMLF

Re: Walking - London's best walk - Saturday 27th

Post by JMLF »

Will be there with a pal. Looking forward to it and fingers crossed weather doesn't look horrendous at the mo..
Ian Bull

Re: Walking - London's best walk - Saturday 27th

Post by Ian Bull »

Hullo JMLF

Weather will be nice and warm with no rain. Unfortunately little sun.

I look forward to seeing you, it will be a very good day, it always is!

All the best

Ian