SEE3 Christmas calendar

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Chris Best

SEE3 Christmas calendar

Post by Chris Best »

I am putting together the listing of events and activities in Sydenham from Saturday 29 November through to the end of December. Calls have gone out to traders, churches, schools, community groups etc so if you are a local group and haven't heard from us then please email info@SEE3.co.uk with details of your event - deadline for entries is Thursday 30 October.

We are also putting together the Sydenham Christmas Extravaganza on Saturday 13 December. We will be holding the SEE Sydenham Christmas market from 11am to 5pm with a range of festive offers on Venner and Queensthorpe Square. We are working on getting entertainment on the day and our very own Peter Ceasar will be playing at Venner Square.

From 12 noon there will be free craft shops to make Christmas lanterns on the ground floor of The Sydenham Centre. Upstairs there will be an afternoon of local performances including the Frockettes (http://www.frockettes.co.uk) and Gina Watson (ginawatson.co.uk). Working with Sydenham Arts we are preparing an exciting programme so if you would like to be part of our community afternoon please get in touch.

The afternoon will end with Our Lady & St Philip Neri RC School brass band playing carols and we will be lighting up the Christmas tree in Queensthorpe Square.
Chris Best

Re: SEE3 Christmas calendar

Post by Chris Best »

Many thanks to everyone who has sent in their listing for this years SEE3 Christmas Calendar - we have a bumper edition with over 100 listings. I have ordered a print run of 20,000 and for the calendars to be delivered door to door on Friday 28 November in Sydenham, Forest Hill and part of Perry Vale ward. Keep an eye out as there are some wonderful events taking place in December - including lighting up our Christmas trees. Sydenham Library on Saturday 6 December and Queensthorpe Square on Saturday 13 December - more to follow.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Have just been flicking through the rather gorgeous Christmas SEE3 guide that popped through my letterbox at the weekend. There seems to be something happening somewhere practically every day from now until Christmas. It's online here:http://www.see3.co.uk/wp-content/upload ... 4-web1.pdf.

And on another note, I popped into TSR Marketplace on Saturday and ordered a bespoke Christmas wreath and bought the best sticky bun I've ever had (seriously, I ate it on Sunday and I'm still thinking about it). As someone who lives a bit off the 'beaten track' in Sydenham, it's so nice to see interesting shops colonising this end of the road. With the new literary plaza, I can see this stretch really revitalising soon.
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Rachael - agree with you about TSR Marketplace. Had an excellent chicken stew there last week which was so good I went in again on Saturday and ordered the same thing.

When I walked up Sydenham Road yesterday people were hard at work on the new piazza in front of the library (which has its formal opening on Saturday) and on the road improvements between Kent House Road and the library. This area of the high street is really starting to see an uplift.

These things don't happen by accident. Full marks to SEE3, the Friends of Sydenham Library, the Town Centre Management Team and others for working so tirelessly to achieve these projects.

Barry Milton
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Thank you Barry and Rachel - I have received some excellent feedback whilst delivering the calendars to the high street. Plus the traders are pleased to see the lamp post banners. Skanska have been putting up the Christmas street lights and they will be turned on in the next day or two. Our Christmas tree has been ordered (kindly sponsored by the Coop Funeral Care) - lighting up will be part of the Sydenham Christmas Market & Extravaganza on Saturday 13th December. Look forward to seeing you in disguise or otherwise - come on Sydenham support the high street!
Pally

Post by Pally »

Went to the Billings tasting and ordering event last night. Lovely tasters to try plus mulled wine and ordinary wine. Great
atmosphere with staff and visitors chatting and seemed to be lots of people ordering including me. Really nice so if you didn't get there this time, well worth a try next time they do it.