Station approach - new toilet

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mosy

Re: Station approach - new toilet

Post by mosy »

Hi owlwise, the grid nearest the bridge was fitted as an openable gate. I'll have a look tomorrow to see if it's now a padlock or hex key or something.

It would be a shame if people used the space as a litter bin. Saying that, there's only one tiny litter bin on the station entrance square, which has to cope, obviously impossibly as often overflowing. Next nearest small bin is at least 100 yards away so no wonder people simply discard rubbish. Saying that "people should take their litter home with them" is Cloud 9 of course. There should be more small bins since Eurobins would be impossible to access/empty at the station square..

I seem to recall that the wall belongs to the rail company. This because it took forever to get permission from them to remove the old loo affixed to said wall, which I'm speculating might be why the beautiful new loo is freestanding. (I'll happily stand corrected if talking through hat.)
mosy

Post by mosy »

The openable gate is still fastened with a plastic ziplock. I'm pleased to say that there was no rubbish at about 5.30pm today.
Maria

Post by Maria »

I said I would try and investigate and have done so.

The Toilets in Sydenham Station Approach were vandalised, as we know, and I understand the manufacturer is due to make a repair - date still to be confirmed.

Its position, colour and type was apparently agreed during the Sydenham Scheme development stage and it is not yet known whether the colour can now be changed.

As for G Plaskett, he is currently allocated to various big projects,e.g. the regeneration of Beckenham Place Park, so heavily snowed under - most probably not able to take this on therefore, I'm afraid...

All in all, therefore, attending the Assembly meeting on the 17th September seems crucial to me to help clarify all these points. Having said I would definitely be there now it turns out I can't due to family commitments - so if others went and gave us feed-back it would be wonderful.

Sorry I couldn't bring more positive news.... also sorry it took me so long to report back: as a matter of fact Councillor Rachel Onikosi's reply to me was pretty much clear and immediate, as ever.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Maria wrote:I said I would try and investigate and have done so.

The Toilets in Sydenham Station Approach were vandalised, as we know, and I understand the manufacturer is due to make a repair - date still to be confirmed.

Its position, colour and type was apparently agreed during the Sydenham Scheme development stage and it is not yet known whether the colour can now be changed.

Sorry I couldn't bring more positive news.... also sorry it took me so long to report back: as a matter of fact Councillor Rachel Onikosi's reply to me was pretty much clear and immediate, as ever.
Thanks for investigating Maria

The Sydenham Scheme development .... was that agreed by Lewisham presumably and who had input to that? Sydenham Society and Assembly would presumably have been involved. Does anyone know?
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Super dooper loo now open! Well worth a visit!
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Pat Trembath wrote:Super dooper loo now open! Well worth a visit!
I read that as "Super Pooper Loo" :P
mosy

Post by mosy »

I still think a temporary "Now Open" sticker could be useful. I did see a pigeon making use of it today - carrier post to spread the word? ;)

Any news on aesthetics improvements please? (I wasn't able to attend last night.) Ta.