Who owns "Regency Club" on Spring Hill?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JonnoBass

Who owns "Regency Club" on Spring Hill?

Post by JonnoBass »

This boarded up and disused building could be a fantastic resource for the Sydenham community. Anyone know who owns it?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Syd ... 59!6m1!1e1
Tim Lund

Re: Who owns "Regency Club" on Spring Hill?

Post by Tim Lund »

I think you'll find they are all part of 291-307 Kirkdale, London, whose registered owner according to the Land Registry when I enquired last year was
DONLYON PROPERTIES LIMITED (Co. Regn. No. 00675088) of
40 Maryland Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey CR7 8DF.
Here is a link to the Land Registry entry for the property which I obtained then.

And this is from DueDil about that company

from which it looks as if, via this private company, it belonged, in effect, to someone called Donovan Lyon Howell, but in 2011 passed over formal control to his children.

There are a whole bunch of leaseholds as well, about which more information can be obtained for £3 a shot from the Land Registry

Getting at this sort of information is one of the things I was getting at when I posted on Transparency recently; the only reason this sort of information is not as easily obtained as when the next bus is coming is that HM Treasury think it a better idea to retain monopoly rights to use such data commercially, for the purposes of maximising current revenues, or short term sales proceeds on privatisation of agencies such as Companies House, the Land Registry and the Ordnance Survey, than to promote the long term efficiency of markets - and community action too.

It really doesn't have to be like this :)