Penge and Lewisham West Hustings: recording

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Green_Rachel_Chance

Penge and Lewisham West Hustings: recording

Post by Green_Rachel_Chance »

Hi Guys, I attending a local hustings for the Lewisham West and Penge Hustings where my husband Tom Chance (your Green Party candidate) spoke along with all other candidates bar Jim Dowd. I made a recording of the event and you can listen to the candidates from this folder of audio files here. It should be listened to with the accompanying google document which lists the questions and the order in which the candidates were called on to answer them, which I will post shortly (the organiser changed the order of replies for each question). There was a question local issues including Crystal Palace Park and the Greyhound pub in Sydenham. I hope you can follow them! At least there are the opening statements which I recorded individually and labelled by party. Labour sent in a statement which was read out too. I thought I would circulate this since the hustings in Penge and Forest Hill were cancelled. Here you go: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
hazy

Re: Penge and Lewisham West Hustings: recording

Post by hazy »

Thank you, Rachel. v interesting and thoughtful of you to post it here. is there any chance you could post labour's statement? no problem if you can't but I'd be interested to know the reason for mr dowd's non attendance.
Thanks
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Thank you very much for this.

Having only had time to listen to bits of it, it is clear that Russell Jackson is a cut above the caricature Tory - but I think Robin had already said that, and in fact, it comes through from his campaign leaflet.

Tom was as able and articulate as I anticipated, but I'm not going to go into why I think his economics is flakey, much as I share his commitment to environmental sustainability.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Another thank you very much for posting this. Much appreciate your effort to do this.
SquashedCommuter

Post by SquashedCommuter »

Thanks for sharing this, but do you know why were some parts are missing?

For example the opening speech of a certain candidate seems to have gone missing.