Closure of Lawrie Pk Road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Pat Trembath

Closure of Lawrie Pk Road

Post by Pat Trembath »

Fun times ahead.....

Public Notice in South London Press:

LONDON BOROUGH OF LEWISHAM Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984

The Lewisham (Lawrie Park Road, SE26) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 2015

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Lewisham Council intent to make this temporary traffic order under the provisions of section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because of works on and adjacent to the highway. The effects of the order will be as indicated below.

1. (1) Road closure in Lawrie Park Road, SE26 between Westwood Hill and 20 metres south of Westwood Hill.

1. (2) The alternative routes for traffic affected will via Westwood Hill, Crystal Palace Park Road and Lawrie Park Road and vice versa.

2.Exemption will be provided in the order for vehicles engaged on the works, vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency and anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform.

3. The order is intended to come into force on the 12th October 2015 to remain in force for up to 6 months.

The prohibitions will apply as, when and to the extent signed on the highway. Dated 22nd September 2015 D. WHEELER Operational Asset Management 4th Floor, Laurence House, 1 Catford Road, London SE6 4RU
admin
Site Admin

Re: Closure of Lawrie Pk Road

Post by admin »

What can possibly take SIX MONTHS to dig up and replace?

Admin
_HB

Post by _HB »

Will be interesting to see the effect this has on traffic. I predict that after a small initial amount of disruption things will very quickly return to normal and the residents of Lawrie Park Rd will delight in the sound of birdsong and children playing in the street... :lol:

Stuart - Do the Lewisham branch of the LCC know about this?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not a real problem for motorists but a more for people who rely on the 176 & 197. Interesting diversion for cyclists wishing to get their lunchtime bread from the Co-op when, as last time, a tiny bit of thought and no expense or inconvenience, a way through could be coned. Instead I guess they will be using the pavement which will please no one.

Admin
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

admin wrote:What can possibly take SIX MONTHS to dig up and replace?

Admin
Richard III?

Regards
Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Or Charles III? :?

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Panic over! I have had a reply from Lewisham suggesting that this will turn out to be a minor event at some indefinite time in the future:

The works are telecoms works to lay a new duct, however the works are not finally programmed yet and the Temporary Traffic Order has been made with this is mind - in an attempt to negate the need to remake another one later should they be delayed by a few months, as often happens.

The exact dates of the works across Lawrie Park Road have not been finalised but it is intended that the road will only be closed for a couple of days (likely to be over a weekend) while they excavate and lay the duct, and reinstate across Lawrie Park Road itself.

Admin
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

admin wrote:Panic over! I have had a reply from Lewisham suggesting that this will turn out to be a minor event at some indefinite time in the future:

The works are telecoms works to lay a new duct, however the works are not finally programmed yet and the Temporary Traffic Order has been made with this is mind - in an attempt to negate the need to remake another one later should they be delayed by a few months, as often happens.

The exact dates of the works across Lawrie Park Road have not been finalised but it is intended that the road will only be closed for a couple of days (likely to be over a weekend) while they excavate and lay the duct, and reinstate across Lawrie Park Road itself.

Admin
That's a relief! As I live above the shops opposite the greyhound, Lawrie Park Rd is the only place I can ever park if I need to use the company car.!
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Isn't that a bit of an abuse of process though?

The reason they need to make an order and specific date/length etc is, presumably, to give people notice etc.

If they are just issuing a "blanket" order then it surely defeats the point and allows them to close the road when they like for however long they like at their convenience with little to no notice?