Cryptic message on Twitter re Late Knights/Beer Rebellion

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
G-Man

Re: Beer Rebellion Opening!!

Post by G-Man »

Very very exciting. I've been supporting it on Twitter. I really can't wait for this to open. Great news. If Sam is going to be there I'll bring the beer I owe him.

Mosy: I once saw a famous (in beer circles) beer writer Melissa Cole speak about different styles of beer. She said that she says to anyone who says they don't like beer "No, you just haven't found a beer you like yet."

My mother in law said to me she didn't like beer. So far I have had her drink and enjoy a Belgium Wit I brewed (Witty Syd), And had her try an Elderflower English IPA (Summertime Syd, which she liked but found the aftertaste slightly bitter), and an American Pale Ale (which she thought was okay). I'm continuing this project with different styles.

One day, Mosy, we'll meet and I'll run through drinks you like and come up with a style that I think you'll enjoy. I like the challenge.

G-Man
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

This is obviously the most stunning news to have hit Sydenham since Cippa first ventured up the Pool River in his coracle. I shan't sleep tonight, too excited!

How are we going to celebrate? Perhaps the Mayor should order a week of feasting and merrymaking (or at least a public holiday)? And there should certainly be a solemn Te Deum of thanksgiving sung in St Bart's Church!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Robin Orton wrote:And there should certainly be a solemn Te Deum of thanksgiving sung in St Bart's Church!
Robin, I think this may be a closer approximation to heaven on earth: http://beerhymns.com/

Admin
mosy

Post by mosy »

G-Man wrote:...[clip]...

Mosy: I once saw a famous (in beer circles) beer writer Melissa Cole speak about different styles of beer. She said that she says to anyone who says they don't like beer "No, you just haven't found a beer you like yet." G-Man
For myself, I think there is a lot of truth in that.

[clip]...
G-Man wrote:One day, Mosy, we'll meet and I'll run through drinks you like and come up with a style that I think you'll enjoy. I like the challenge. G-Man
Would that be a plan for offering "taster quaffs"? (Like the small-portion taster menu in some restaurants.) Many women don't really have the capacity to test (or endure if not liked) several half pints... One thing's for sure, it'll be a long way from watered-down water as some beers are described :)
simon

Post by simon »

What time are last orders on Thursday please? I'm out for the early part of the evening.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

mosy wrote:
G-Man wrote:...[clip]...

Mosy: I once saw a famous (in beer circles) beer writer Melissa Cole speak about different styles of beer. She said that she says to anyone who says they don't like beer "No, you just haven't found a beer you like yet." G-Man
For myself, I think there is a lot of truth in that.

[clip]...
G-Man wrote:One day, Mosy, we'll meet and I'll run through drinks you like and come up with a style that I think you'll enjoy. I like the challenge. G-Man
Would that be a plan for offering "taster quaffs"? (Like the small-portion taster menu in some restaurants.) Many women don't really have the capacity to test (or endure if not liked) several half pints... One thing's for sure, it'll be a long way from watered-down water as some beers are described :)
I'm a fan of the three thirds for the price of a pint that some places offer
mosy

Post by mosy »

robbieduncan wrote:I'm a fan of the three thirds for the price of a pint that some places offer
No complaint with that at all (assuming three different thirds lol) :) Sounds good as iIt takes a couple of decent gulps to assess since it's not sipping sherry.
JRobinson

Re: Cryptic message on Twitter re Late Knights

Post by JRobinson »

@ Pally - I think you've misinterpreted what I was asking.

I didn't know the See bluebell shop, never went in there. I thought that this shop was going to become a Late Knights/Berr Rebellion 'pub'. My question was about what happened to that plan? How come they're now oppening at The Market Place?
Did the Kent House Road plan fall through?
Are they opening two places?
Have I got my wires crossed - is the KH Rd one somebody different?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Today's the day. I shall be there attempting to buy their very first pint at 5pm sharp. Feel free to try and beat me. I don't like drinking alone so do come over and say 'hello'.

If you don't know me the folded Brompton nearby might be a bit of a giveaway.

Admin

PS Sydenham_BR - your website is still saying 'tomorrow'. Time to update?
EDIT Now updated to TODAY. Late Morning, Late Knight? :D
pip

Post by pip »

Only five hours to go.

GET READY TO REBEL!
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

JRobinson wrote:@ Pally - I think you've misinterpreted what I was asking.

I didn't know the See bluebell shop, never went in there. I thought that this shop was going to become a Late Knights/Berr Rebellion 'pub'. My question was about what happened to that plan? How come they're now oppening at The Market Place?
As far as I'm aware there were too many restrictions to the license so it was impractical for them to open where Bluebell Woods was so they've taken on the Marketplace with a view of staying until Christmas but then who knows. If we use it they'll no doubt be able to stay.

G-man
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Any chance of a take away? I can't stop in tonight but I'd like to show my support any buy a bottle to have at home...
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

I have been told by someone who has just passed by that building work is still going on and that it'll be a miracle if they open by 5.

Does anyone have any information on this?
Whiftoff

Post by Whiftoff »

JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Any news on last orders/bottleshop? Much like others I'm booked this evening but would like to pop in and show my support for opening day if still open getting toward 11...
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

It's open. Having a quick half (delicious). I tweeted some pics https://twitter.com/robbie_duncan/statu ... 6698725376
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

They seem to do take away in some sort of card board milk carton container!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This message comes to you direct from BR. Maestro, topofthehill and myself are attempting to keep our end up against what appears to be a mass invasion from Penge. Help appreciated. Open till 11 pm and there is takeawy beer if you need more.

Admin
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

admin wrote:This message comes to you direct from BR. Maestro, topofthehill and myself are attempting to keep our end up against what appears to be a mass invasion from Penge. Help appreciated. Open till 11 pm and there is takeawy beer if you need more.

Admin
Sorry I missed you all. Did not see a Brompton. Only had time for a swift half as I needed to get my daughter from nursery
Pally

Post by Pally »

JRobinson wrote:@ Pally - I think you've misinterpreted what I was asking.

Yes sorry I did misunderstand. Permission was refused in the Bluebell shop I believe.... so now they are giving the Market place space a go instead! Long may it last!