Sydenham sushi

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd

Sydenham sushi

Post by syd »

Hi all season greetings,

Has anyone tried the sushi restaurant?

Cheers,
Syd
Sydenham

Re: Sydenham sushi

Post by Sydenham »

If you mean the Japanese restaurant on Kirkdale - Hibagon (sic) - then I've been there. More than a sushi restaurant - full range of Japanese cuisine - curries, broths etc.. We had a great meal there - friendly and comfortable and tasty.
syd

Post by syd »

Hey thanks for the reply. I was just surfing just eat and it came up under sushi.
biscuitman1978

Sydenham sushi

Post by biscuitman1978 »

syd

Post by syd »

Thanks Biscuit-man I should stop by more often, this is exactly the type of business I like to support.

Cheers Syd
Willy

Post by Willy »

Been twice, both on a Tuesday lunchtime, and it was excellent. Fish was very fresh and the special rolls are great (one of them is pretty fiery!)
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Been three or four times, never disappoints. Good to go for a wee drink beforehand at 161 if that's your thing too. You can make quite a lovely evening of it.

G-Man
syd

Post by syd »

Hey thanks for the feedback. I'll check it out
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

syd wrote:Hey thanks for the feedback. I'll check it out
Agree with everything here - Hibagon has gone down v well in our house. Very much recommend as the best Sushi in the area - far better than the one in Crystal Palace
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

The thread on the other main forum has discussion and reviews too - the latest page being:
https://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=80

I've been a few times and thought the food, both sushi and other, to be delicious, especially the piece of steak I had as part of the beef don. Truly melt in your mouth.
FromCtoShiningC

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

Thanks to those posting reviews. It's many years since I visited that restaurant (when it was the Italian) and so I will aim to visit the Sushi restaurant in 2016 for sure! I wish to support local restaurants as much as possible.

On a slightly different point - many years ago there was a rumour of an Argentinian restaurant opening across the road in what was then a newly built block (slightly down the hill from where Wooster Stock were based at the time). Sadly, that never came to fruition, and that block remains empty. Does anyone know of any updates to that?
syd

Post by syd »

It is excellent. The bone broth pork noodles was the best I've ever had! I recommend highly
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Wanted to post an image but technology eludes me once more!

In the back of the timeout is a little "London's best Katsu curry" and for the south Hibagon Sushi and Grill was written up via a very short tweet/message (they select one reader "review" for each area of London:
"It's excellent. I'm glad they have stuck their neck out to set up here" from Nick via Facebook.