Cars vandalised in Peak Hill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
triplelll

Cars vandalised in Peak Hill

Post by triplelll »

Woke up this morning to half of the road having had our cars vandalised in Peak hill.
A whole strip of parked cars have had their wing mirrors smashed off.
One neighbour reported hearing some noise at approx. 1am, but nothing seen.
Complete random act of vandalism, now costing our neighbourhood heaps in repair work !
Bunny

Re: Cars vandalised in Peak Hill

Post by Bunny »

Whittell gardens suffered the same fate . It was carried out by four young men however bythe time the police arrived they had gone . Sadly what they obviously deemed fun. Is very expensive for the rest of us.
triplelll

Post by triplelll »

They were clearly out for a night of trouble, these roads have a couple in between, so sporadic moments of outrage.
Let's hope they do get caught.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

The crims are lucky not in USA as surely one car owner would have used a firearm.

Might deter them.
stuart

Post by stuart »

With respect Eagle lets think about more practical ideas to mitigate juvenile hooliganism in Sydenham.

The need is to find something more fulfilling for these youngsters to do - or if they really want to smash up vehicles perhaps they could prioritise the illegally parked ones.

I thought that was the driving force behind TNG and other initiatives that many of us (through the Sydenham Assembly) supported. But all seems to have gone quiet. I think I heard there were financial issues holding things back. Perhaps someone from TNG or the Youth Forum could comment.

Or are these vehicle owners paying the cost of us in Sydenham and Forest Hill taking our eyes off the ball?

Stuart
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

There's an open evening at TNG on Thursday between 19:00 and 21:00 - all welcome. Open for anyone to come in and see what they are doing and ask questions. Specifically focused on helping anyone with complaints or concerns about activities in and around the TNG. Its in response to such complaints.

Address is TNG Youth and Community Centre, 111 Wells Park Road SE26 6AD. Tea and biscuits available.

An opportunity to see some of the fantastic work done by the community team; the different projects they run. Will allow visitors to talk about any issues with TNG team; local police and crime enforcement services.

Maybe worth dropping in and seeing for yourself what is going on.

Its this Thursday 17th march - so day after tomorrow
Pally

Post by Pally »

Eagle wrote:The crims are lucky not in USA as surely one car owner would have used a firearm.

Might deter them.
I don't think vandalised cars are a justification for firearm laws being changed really ...and in my view the American way is wrong!
Pally

Post by Pally »

And yes Stuart I agree, the TNG youth centre does excellent work.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I was only pointing out unlikely to happen in USA.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Eagle wrote:I was only pointing out unlikely to happen in USA.
I understand that! But I don't think the end
justifies the means!
stuart

Post by stuart »

Pally wrote:I understand that! But I don't think the end
justifies the means!
Don't be misled, Eagle's irrelevant and disruptive comments are, of course, quite wrong: http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfinder- ... vandalism/

Oh what a shame I won't be able to get to Thursday night's meeting. It would be good to get a report of the good stuff being done by TNG and what needs to be done for those of us who otherwise not hear. Any chance?

Stuart
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

I'm planning to go to the TNG evening - and will make the point that they would benefit from widening their 'comms' so locals know what they are up to.

Maybe they will post a summary themselves - or if not I'll do a potted one myself (no promises).
demeaux

Post by demeaux »

While it's easy to point to youth of Sydenham, it may also be drunk young adults.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:I was only pointing out unlikely to happen in USA.
So USA has no burglaries? :roll:
_HB

Post by _HB »

Seems unlikely - But I'm sure Eagle will shortly furnish us with detailed evidence on the reduced incidence in the US of youth vandalism and how that is directly correlated with vastly higher rates of gun ownership.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Eagle wrote:The crims are lucky not in USA as surely one car owner would have used a firearm.

Might deter them.
The only comparison to the USA that has relevance is this one..

Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

_HB wrote:Seems unlikely - But I'm sure Eagle will shortly furnish us with detailed evidence on the reduced incidence in the US of youth vandalism and how that is directly correlated with vastly higher rates of gun ownership.
Just like how carrying a gun in the USA stops mass shootings, well ok maybe 1 in every 87...
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I actually saw these Young MEN and I can assure you they wouldn't be attending any youth clubs . So looking for things for our youths to do really has no bearing on this incident. I'm afraid it was just wanton destruction .
P1971

Post by P1971 »

I'd just like to ask why some just assume this is young people from TNG, I don't think this is very fair if you don't know for sure.

A while back the same thing happened to me & my neighbours in FH (Rockbourne Road) one evening. I must stress this was when previous owners ran the Railway Telegraph at the time at the end of my Road.

We all had our wing mirrors smashed and kicked BUT it was adults that done this, nothing to do with young people.

I popped in and told the owners at the time what had happened, they were really supportive & weren't aware as it was right at the other end of the Road. They then put a poster up stating if anyone done any damage whatsoever to neighbouring property in any way the would be banned from the establishment.

It seemed to work and never happened again.

I really think it is unfair that young people get the blame most of the time, when it quite as easily can be irresponsible adults.
stuart

Post by stuart »

P1971 wrote:I'd just like to ask why some just assume this is young people from TNG, I don't think this is very fair if you don't know for sure.
I don't think anybody is blaming TNG or their young people - certainly not me.

Quite the opposite it is facilities like this that can reach and give young people more fulfilling things to do which may break the paths to criminal behaviour as teenagers and subsequently young or not so young men.

I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. We really don't need a quick to blame culture - here or on the streets.

Stuart