Entrance to Sydenham Doctor's surgery a disgrace

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
davegr

Entrance to Sydenham Doctor's surgery a disgrace

Post by davegr »

Does anyone else think that the entrance to the Sydenham Doctor's surgery near Sydenham station is a disgrace? It looks like a run down mini cab entrance from the seventies.

Surely it wouldn't take the surgery much money to make the entrance a bit more inviting. Don't tell me they are so hard up they can't affford it. Even the pound shops look more classy. A Doctor's surgery should at least look clean. Truly disgraceful.

:(
Illuminance

Post by Illuminance »

The state of the outside reflects ,,,, believe me mate, you wouldn't want to be invited inside.

Post edited by Admin
DigitalFX

Doctors

Post by DigitalFX »

Hi,

I do agree that the entrance to the Doctor's surgery does look a little old, however as a long serving patient there it is the best Surgery I have ever been to.

The reception staff are really friendly and will always go out of their way to ensure you get seen. I have never had one complaint with any of the doctors or on site nurse, and the surgery is well managed.

I would recommend this surgery to anyone. I think it is much better that we judge the service of the practice rather than the look of a door or entrance.

Gaz
davegr

Post by davegr »

I agree about the service Digital. No complaints at all.

I don't believe that it has to look so shabby. It looks truly awful from the outside. The inside isn't great either. Many surgeries are spending money on the facilities and look much better than they used to.

Does Sydenham have to languish in interior decor from the sixties and an outside entrance that looks like a crack den?
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

God, the outside is dreadful - but Dr Morant is great, very very thorough if a bit scary! Just don't see the old guy, he doesn't understand anything you say, doesn't hear a lot of it and should've retired YEARS ago!
dickp

Post by dickp »

If anyone thinks they are getting a good service from that surgery, they need their head examined!

Yes, the staff are very nice and the doctors are fine, but that's not the point. The place is a a dump, the opening times are hopeless, you can scarcely book in advance, and compared with most other surgeries in the area, their ancillary services are non-existent. If they were an opticians, or a pharmacy service, they would have gone bust years ago.

There is a very good reason that the BMA opposes the national medical database, and this surgery is a living proof of it. The moment doctors’ waiting lists are liberalised, and payments made strictly by results, these types of practices will go to the wall. And I for one will be taking my custom to Superdrug or Boots GP.
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

I've used that surgery for four years now and have had two children in that time, and although the surgery itself is grim and the hours/appointment management better suited to OAPs, stay-at-home parents and the unemployed, I've found the antenatal care there far better than that reported by my friends who are registered at other practices in the area. Expectant mothers can rely on seeing the same midwife at EVERY appointment, which is pretty rare these days.
poppy

GP surgery

Post by poppy »

The cab office by the station is actually better presented than that surgery! I didn't even realise it was a 'real' surgery anyway so I never even looked into it when I moved here. It looks like a dodgy backstreet operation. A shame though because it is far closer to where I live than Sydenham Green.
davegr

Post by davegr »

It would be interesting to get the thoughts of anyone that works there. It's one of the many things that make Sydenham High Street look like an utter dump.
sean

doctors

Post by sean »

I've been in Sydenham since July and am looking for a doctor. I've past this building every week and didn't know it was a doctors, I thought it was a taxi firm.
DigitalFX

Cannot believe it....

Post by DigitalFX »

Me again 2nd postinfg here....

I cannot beleive some of the comments here. I am so confused how some of you can mistake this as a mini cab office as it clearly states Doctors Surgery above the door on a big white sign, maybe the Opticians a few doors down may be better for you.

I stick by my orignal posting as this Surgery is a great practice. The looks of this surgery I agree does need a lick of paint, however take the time to visit just once and judge the Doctors and not the building.

Gaz
davegr

Post by davegr »

This posting was not ever cricising the practise itself-just the woefull state of the premises.

It needs more than a lick of paint. It needs money spent on it. I would be ashamed if my practise was in the appalling state this one is.
Shenlong

Post by Shenlong »

Indeed, the look of the outside doesn't exactly inspire confidence in what the inside and service is going to be like does it?