BEER REBELLION

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
robbieduncan

Re: BEER REBELLION

Post by robbieduncan »

Not seeing anything about the brewery closing. Got a link? I see they closed a bar due to a security issue
simon

Post by simon »

They've deleted a lot of Twitter post this afternoon, including one from our very own Gareth. There is this just now from Brockley Central:

http://brockleycentral.blogspot.com/201 ... nsary.html

Sydenham Beer Rebellion was open tonight as I went past.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Actually, future of their bars, with the exception of 2, is uncertain. London Beer Dispensary and Brighton BD are seemingly safe. Ex chief brewer of LK and ex operations manager have formed new Company in conjunction with Mr Lawrence and hope to be trading within 2 or 3 months.LBD and BBD will apparently be part of this group.
BeerRebellion

Post by BeerRebellion »

Hello lovely Sydders Folk.

Matthew from Beer Rebellion here. Just thought I'd drop a quick note to let you all know that we are open and it is business as usual.

I've spoken with Steve and he is determined to keep the late Knights and Rebellion brands going, and I will keep you all in the loop as to what is happening. In the meantime, Mandy, Martine and I will be there to keep The Rebellion open and thriving, so come in and say Hi!

Cheers,

Matthew
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

I cycle past the Beer Rebellion on Queens Road Peckham, and that always seems busy.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

http://beerguideldn.com/news#N215

Sounds like a mess and a pity if those who founded LK are no longer friends. Hopefully both new companies will be successful and continue to offer great service to the local community
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

It looks like BR is now part of the Coalition Brewing Co according to their twitter account ‏@coalitionbeer:

https://twitter.com/coalitionbeer/statu ... 8526403588

Sounds like good news!
BeerRebellion

Post by BeerRebellion »

Sorry guys - The Coalition Brewing tweet was simply to say that we are now pouring their Unity Lager.

We'll find out whats happening with the business by the end of next week.

I promise that I'll make sure the Forum is one of the first to know what's going on!

In the meantime, on behalf of Mandy and Martine - we want you to know that we're open, happy, smiling and serving some jolly good beer!!

See you all soon hopefully!

Matthew
SYDDERS BEER REBELLION
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

So as LK are currently not producing beer, what is currently on draught down at BR?
Holaquease

Post by Holaquease »

BeerRebellion wrote:Sorry guys - The Coalition Brewing tweet was simply to say that we are now pouring their Unity Lager.

We'll find out whats happening with the business by the end of next week.

I promise that I'll make sure the Forum is one of the first to know what's going on!

In the meantime, on behalf of Mandy and Martine - we want you to know that we're open, happy, smiling and serving some jolly good beer!!

See you all soon hopefully!

Matthew
SYDDERS BEER REBELLION
Thank you. It would be sad to lose you.
timmytubs

Post by timmytubs »

Went to Beer Rebellion in Gipsy Hill last night and they told me they are now nothing to do with Late Nights, i think they have been taken over, they had loads of ales on. Hopefully the same has happened at Sydenham as it would be a shame to lose it!
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

Late Knights don't exist any more but the 2 Beer Rebellions presumably still belong to one half of the former LK people, the former owner, Steve. I think his half will be rebranded soon but not sure where they will brew, so the beer may no longer be quite so local.

The other half is now Southey Brewing Company and they will keep 2 of the former pubs (Brockley and Brighton Beer Dispensaries) and open a new brewery on the former site in Penge using new updated equipment.