Cat Killer

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
cipollottax

Cat Killer

Post by cipollottax »

It seems the cat killer has struck again, this time in the area around Mayow Road, close to Forest Hill school. Please do keep your cats indoors at night for their safety and report any suspicious activity around cats or foxes to South Norwood Animal Rescue and Liberty who are working with the police to investigate these horrific incidents.
SNARL:07961 030064 or 07957 830490
Operation Takahe: 0208 6490216
parker

Re: Cat Killer

Post by parker »

Erm, why would you start a new thread for this when there is one or more on this subject already?
cipollottax

Post by cipollottax »

I do apologise Parker, I am not a regular, merely trying to get information out to as many people as possible, I am terribly sorry I have offended you with my terrible forum faux pas.
Pally

Post by Pally »

cipollottax wrote:It seems the cat killer has struck again, this time in the area around Mayow Road, close to Forest Hill school. Please do keep your cats indoors at night for their safety and report any suspicious activity around cats or foxes to South Norwood Animal Rescue and Liberty who are working with the police to investigate these horrific incidents.
SNARL:07961 030064 or 07957 830490
Operation Takahe: 0208 6490216
Thanks for the warning!

PS .I don't know how, but I believe you can move this thread into the original one if you want to ...it might tell you how in FAQ!! :?
Hissing Syd

Post by Hissing Syd »

Many thanks for flagging, cippollottax.

I run locally, between Sydenham and Penge, and earlier this week I was really struck by how many notices there are up for missing cats and dogs - they're everywhere. Other than keeping your animals close, I guess all any of us can do is keep eyes peeled, make good use of cameraphones where necessary, and hope that the vile person (or persons) behind this is soon brought to justice.
mosy

Post by mosy »

I wonder if the RSPCA or an entrepreneur could create a chip with GPS tracking? With so many missing, it makes you wonder if they're being procured.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

mosy wrote:I wonder if the RSPCA or an entrepreneur could create a chip with GPS tracking? With so many missing, it makes you wonder if they're being procured.
There are lots of GPS tracking devices for pets already but they are in the form of collars. Expensive if they get lost and can be bulky so some animals may reject them.