STF's 10,000th Post

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

STF's 10,000th Post

Post by admin »

Yes - this is the 10,000th post to be made on STF since it was launched on 01/10/04. And we are fast approaching our 1,000th member!

I'm sad enough to sit here and watch the posts clickup so I could claim the honour. I would like to thank you all for making this an interesting place to exchange news and views. It really doesn't take that much effort to setup and maintain the Forum infrastructure - so 99% of STF is your very own work.

The next landmark - the 100,000th post should come around 2035. Now doubt that will cover the completion of the Sydenham Road regeneration project, the re-opening of The Greyhound and ...

Admin
user100

Post by user100 »

Congratulations Admin and thanks for providing us with this forum - it's a great resource for the community.

And I think you are being too modest when you say that it doesn't take that much effort - so thanks again for keeping it all going and making sure we all play nicely together :-)
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

You beat me to it, User 100.

Congratulations, well done, Admin. And yet another milestone just around the corner with 1000 members...

Sounds like we should have a little Forum meet up to help you celebrate this first achievement - a dummy run for the next one?
annabel mclaren

Post by annabel mclaren »

Talking of the Greyhound, would it be possible to move the fab picture Sean has posted in Town Museum to this thread? I've never seen it before (I'm sure it's new to most of us!) and it shows how the Greyhound looked around a century ago. I particularly like the elegant conservatory at the side!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pat Trembath wrote:Sounds like we should have a little Forum meet up to help you celebrate this first achievement - a dummy run for the next one?
And why not? Howsabout next Tuesday 15th @ 8pm?

Now location. Shall it be The Golden Lion or this new fangled Woodman place? You choose ... and anyone willing to bake us a cake?

Admin
sean

Smile

Post by sean »

I'll make sure the TV camera are there to record the event.
Steve Grindlay

Post by Steve Grindlay »

annabel mclaren wrote:Talking of the Greyhound, would it be possible to move the fab picture Sean has posted in Town Museum to this thread? I've never seen it before (I'm sure it's new to most of us!) and it shows how the Greyhound looked around a century ago. I particularly like the elegant conservatory at the side!
<This link> leads to a high resolution, although untinted, version of the picture.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry - I have had to cancel this event at the last moment. Some breaking news which you may see tomorrow. If you don't get this in time I hope you enjoy the GL alone.

Admin
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

Good job I saw this in time... we were going to the Woodman - not the Golden Lion!!!