Jah Burns!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydArts

Jah Burns!

Post by SydArts »

Celebrate our first outing for 2017 when Sydenham Arts marks the birthday of Robert Burns AND his connections to Jamaica in our own inimitable, cosmopolitan style. We are bringing our Jah Burns reggae ceilidh to the Sydenham Centre on Friday 27th January.

The evening kicks off at 7pm with a fusion flava supper, celebrating Scottish and Caribbean cuisine. While you are tucking in to the Patties and Tatties (and the jerk chicken and haggis) we have music and poetry to entertain you – Alain English, Cassie Mathews, Atlanta, Isabel White – more names being added.

At 8pm we push back the tables for two 40 minute sets of highland jigs, brought to you by Step Lively Barn Dance and Ceilidh interspersed with two DJ sets of old school ska and reggae. The evening’s fun finishes at 11 pm. For tickets, please call Sydenham Arts 020 8659 7911 or visit sydenhamarts.co.uk/event/jah-burns/ to book online. Tickets are £15 in advance for buffet supper and dancing, £17 on the door - we cannot guarantee food for late bookers, so please book early. Iyou require a vegetarian option please let us know when you book.

There will also be a fully licensed bar.

If you can volunteer for the event you get FREE ENTRY (and a pink Sydenham Arts t-shirt!)! Your help setting up, with the box office, running the bar, stewarding and packing up at the end of the night would be much appreciated!
The Scorpion

Re: Jah Burns!

Post by The Scorpion »

Sounds like a great night! :D Have PM'd you, thanks :)

Sue
The Scorpion

Re: Jah Burns!

Post by The Scorpion »

Hi, just wondering if anyone will answer any enquiries into this great sounding night? I sent a PM which, I assume, got through to the OP and I really would like to attend and also to help but, if wanted OR not, for this event, I would like to know or have some response, ASAP?

Thanks, Sue
biscuitman1978

Jah Burns!

Post by biscuitman1978 »

The Scorpion wrote:Hi, just wondering if anyone will answer any enquiries into this great sounding night? I sent a PM which, I assume, got through to the OP and I really would like to attend and also to help but, if wanted OR not, for this event, I would like to know or have some response, ASAP?
It might be best to phone the box office or to email - see http://sydenhamarts.co.uk/contact-us/ for contact details.