Fairlawn Park Neighbourhood Watch Scheme

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
GLOBAL THINKER

Fairlawn Park Neighbourhood Watch Scheme

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

To all the residents of Fairlawn Park,

Just in case you weren't aware there is a meeting this Saturday 26th Jan at 2pm in Sydenham Library which was set up by our Local Safer Neighbourhood Team to discuss setting up a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.

If you are a resident please please come along and show your support, this is a great opportunity for all residents to be heard and for positive changes to be made.

Thanks

Global
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Hopefully I will be there soon!

Hope we have another get together before too long!
NEMO

Post by NEMO »

This was not publicised very well, it's the first I've heard of it.
I will try to be there.
GillM

Post by GillM »

I didn't know about this. Don't think it was well publicised. Would like to be informed of the next meeting.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Is there any feedback on this? Hopefully I will be moving into the road on the 8th. If there is a neighbourhood swatch scheme I'd like to join up, especially as it makes our insurance premiums smaller!

Any news on this Global?

Cheers

Lee
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi All,

Lee, I have pm'd you with the majority of this message so this for the benefit of any other interested parties.

With regards to the NW meeting, it was quite a small turnout, small but significant. We confirmed 3-4 co-ordinators for FP and the turnout from the Sydenham Safer N'hood Team was impressive. They gave a good presentation about what N'hood Watch entails and reassured us that positive steps were being taken to tackle any issues that people had. They stressed that without the support of the community nothing would change and we were integral in making FP a great place to live. It was also great to meet neighbours we had not spoken to before and a lovely conversation was had outside the library between the residents. The main thing that struck me was that people were relived that they were not alone in dealing with this issue and that other residents were equally as concerned and had been contacting the SNT with their complaints. Things have improved and will continue to do so if the residents stick together. We are meeting with a rep from the SNT in a couple of weeks at the Library primarily to keep the momentum going and to garner ideas about including more residents in the scheme. Everyone was very positive about the outcome and hopefully we can go from strength to strength.

Regards

Global
GillM

Post by GillM »

Thanks for the update on NW meeting. I am sure as more people get to know about this there will be better attendance. Good luck and hope to see you at the next meeting.

GillM
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Hi, I moved in finally on Friday, hope to catch up with some neighbours soon.

Let me know global when the next NHW meeting is and I will get some flyers done to drop into peoples letterboxes.

At the moment I"m still up to my eyes in boxes. I'd like to meet residents to help organize a residents association. Hopefully I will be in touch soon.

Glad to be a neighbour.

Lee

P.S. Noticed the house down the end next to the allotments is on the market for 390,000!
GillM

Post by GillM »

There is also a 4 bedroom house going for £420K!!
jackieboo

A memory about Fairlawn Park

Post by jackieboo »

Years ago....a long long time ago....there wasn't weed growing up the chain link fence on the school on the corner and the area was nice and open looking.

My then boyfriend lived in FP and he would wave to me from quite far up the road as I stood at the bus stop opposite the school as you could see through the fence.

Has it been left to grow for a reason?
lbere

Post by lbere »

The school had to build a taller wall and grow the bushes, to stop 'strange' people who were living in the flats at the end of Fairlawn Park and across the main road from looking into the school playground.
jackieboo

Shame

Post by jackieboo »

It does look very oppressive.
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi All,

For those of you who were not aware, there is another meeting on Sat 16th Feb at Sydenham Library starting at 2pm. This is a follow up to our original meeting on 26th Jan to establish and NW scheme in FP. Hopefully you will have received the mail drop (quite short notice) but I thought I would post it here as well.

Please attend if you can, if not I will be happy to post a report back asap.

Regards

Global
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Hopefully see you all there
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi All,

Just to let you all know, the next Fairlawn Park NW meeting will take place on Saturday 15th March at 11 am in Sydenham Library. Please let your neighbours know and I encourage all who can to attend.

Thanks

Global
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I can't make this Saturday due to the issues discussed before (they come this weekend).

I will be there in spirit.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Do you know if anyone from the Kent House Leisure Gardens will be there this Saturday (15 March). I'm on the committee, and we have a problem with intruders, and we should be in touch. If I don't here, I'll try to get someone to go along anyway.
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi Tim,

I have an allotment. I think part of the problem is that the allotments fall under Bromley and FP falls under Lewisham. Saying that I have been told by the SNT that they do liase with the Bromley police with regards to the allotments and are aware of the vandalism that has been taking place. What steps have been taken to deal with it, I will have to find out.

Global
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Gloabl Thinker:

Is that an allotment with us? Tell me who you are behind your nom de plume, by replying to the email I just sent out to all our members. If not with us, which site? We always want to build up links with other site!
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi All,

Just to let you all know, the next Fairlawn Park NW meeting will take place on Saturday 19 April at 11 am in Sydenham Library.

Please let your neighbours know.

Thanks

Global