RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham

Moderator: frenzarin

Post Reply
leenewham
Posts: 5886
Joined: 2 Sep 2007 11:58
Location: SYDENHAM
Contact:

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by leenewham »

EUSSR wrote:"You could eat some healthy meals in Nandos, but also choose to eat some unhealthy meals there"

so much guff its pathetic....
I can't work out if this is a joke or real? Do you really not know what the difference is between healthy food and unhealthy food?

I

TredownMan
Posts: 157
Joined: 28 Sep 2017 15:38
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by TredownMan »

.
Last edited by TredownMan on 27 Jul 2018 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

syd
Posts: 325
Joined: 23 Aug 2006 18:30
Location: lower sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by syd »

Hi Prince any news from Nando's?

prince
Posts: 227
Joined: 23 Mar 2016 17:57
Location: London

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by prince »

syd wrote:Hi Prince any news from Nando's?
Hello Syd,

Sorry I haven't heard anything from Nandos since my conversation with their Acquisition Manager a few weeks back.

Then, they did tell me that their consultants had submitted further information to the Council's planners to assess the impact of on the highway.

I have written to the case officer to ask for an update and to request for this information to be made publicly available on the Council's planning portal.

I have not yet received a response from the officer nor has any information been published yet. However I do see from the portal that they have published another date for "Latest Neighbour Consultation" of 21st September.

I can only assume that the officer is consulting on the latest information that has been submitted. I would hope that the officer will give a short timeframe for this consultation.

It is interesting to note that the Acquisition Manager has said that Nandos has ALWAYS offered a walk in takeaway service for their customers. They also remarked that they have never been asked to provide this level of information by any other local authority. Perhaps our planners are being particularly thorough in their assessment - they must be for it's now been 7.5 months!

syd
Posts: 325
Joined: 23 Aug 2006 18:30
Location: lower sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by syd »

prince wrote:
syd wrote:Hi Prince any news from Nando's?
Hello Syd,

Sorry I haven't heard anything from Nandos since my conversation with their Acquisition Manager a few weeks back.

Then, they did tell me that their consultants had submitted further information to the Council's planners to assess the impact of on the highway.

I have written to the case officer to ask for an update and to request for this information to be made publicly available on the Council's planning portal.

I have not yet received a response from the officer nor has any information been published yet. However I do see from the portal that they have published another date for "Latest Neighbour Consultation" of 21st September.

I can only assume that the officer is consulting on the latest information that has been submitted. I would hope that the officer will give a short timeframe for this consultation.

It is interesting to note that the Acquisition Manager has said that Nandos has ALWAYS offered a walk in takeaway service for their customers. They also remarked that they have never been asked to provide this level of information by any other local authority. Perhaps our planners are being particularly thorough in their assessment - they must be for it's now been 7.5 months!
Hi Prince

Thanks for the update. It does seem like they are dragging their feet!! I

Keep up the good work.
Cheers,
Syd

Holaquease
Posts: 58
Joined: 2 Sep 2016 22:13

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by Holaquease »

Does anybody know how it works as far as the rental of the location is concerned? Would Nando's be paying rent or a retainer at this point?

coll
Posts: 188
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 15:55
Location: sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by coll »

I am curious about all the discussion around positive and negative aspects of Nando’s going in this area. Yet, I see that the space next to Trattoria Raffaele is having a change of use. It appears that some fast food venue is being cobbled together in a space that seems to change its business annually. I’m wondering why there’s no discussion about this. I would gather this space should have put in applications around change of use, licensing and so on. However, a quick search and I have seen no application in for change of use.

robbieduncan
Posts: 384
Joined: 28 Oct 2013 17:10
Location: Trewsbury Road

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by robbieduncan »

I was hoping it was being turned into a coffee shop or something similar. Do we have any real information on what it’s becoming?

leenewham
Posts: 5886
Joined: 2 Sep 2007 11:58
Location: SYDENHAM
Contact:

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by leenewham »

They may not need permission unless food is prepared on the premises.

coll
Posts: 188
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 15:55
Location: sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by coll »

Apparently the owners are going to be selling food. I hear it will be Jamaican

parker
Posts: 561
Joined: 26 Mar 2009 21:15
Location: Sydenham Wells

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by parker »

coll wrote:Apparently the owners are going to be selling food. I hear it will be Jamaican
Ooh! Can't wait for this. Who needs a Nando's eh.

SydenhamOwl
Posts: 98
Joined: 20 Jan 2017 15:26
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by SydenhamOwl »

parker wrote:
coll wrote:Apparently the owners are going to be selling food. I hear it will be Jamaican
Ooh! Can't wait for this. Who needs a Nando's eh.
Quite a few Jamaican outlets already though - not that I have anything particularly against the cuisine!

prince
Posts: 227
Joined: 23 Mar 2016 17:57
Location: London

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by prince »

Nandos latest.

Still no decision on the change of use. 32 weeks and counting.

The latest thing that the planners are now querying is the size of the loading bay that Nandos want to put in.

Nandos want a 12m bay for they have a circa 11m vehicle providing deliveries. The Council has however said that they can only have a 10m bay, which obviously isn't big enough.

However there are currently no loading bays in the immediate locality on Spring Hill for any of the businesses.

Sainsbury's Manager informs me that they cannot load from the rear and have to load a 12m lorry in front of their store and to do this they have to park on both a disabled car parking bay and on double yellow lines located on a busy roundabout.

This is extremely unsafe and inconveniences disabled people who can't park there when there are deliveries.

I have written to the planning officer and to Cllr Best to highlight this issue and to suggest that the Highways Authority allow Nandos to provide a 12m loading bay as requested, which could then be used by them, Sainsbury's, the Greyhound and KFH if they ever set up.

syd
Posts: 325
Joined: 23 Aug 2006 18:30
Location: lower sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by syd »

prince wrote:Nandos latest.

Still no decision on the change of use. 32 weeks and counting.

The latest thing that the planners are now querying is the size of the loading bay that Nandos want to put in.

Nandos want a 12m bay for they have a circa 11m vehicle providing deliveries. The Council has however said that they can only have a 10m bay, which obviously isn't big enough.

However there are currently no loading bays in the immediate locality on Spring Hill for any of the businesses.

Sainsbury's Manager informs me that they cannot load from the rear and have to load a 12m lorry in front of their store and to do this they have to park on both a disabled car parking bay and on double yellow lines located on a busy roundabout.

This is extremely unsafe and inconveniences disabled people who can't park there when there are deliveries.

I have written to the planning officer and to Cllr Best to highlight this issue and to suggest that the Highways Authority allow Nandos to provide a 12m loading bay as requested, which could then be used by them, Sainsbury's, the Greyhound and KFH if they ever set up.
Thanks for the update. It seems the council is still trying to find a reason to say no.

Ghlpc
Posts: 345
Joined: 2 Aug 2013 14:02

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by Ghlpc »

Surely 10m is better than nothing at all, especially if the current Sainsburys trucks park on disabled bays and yellow lines as it stands?

prince
Posts: 227
Joined: 23 Mar 2016 17:57
Location: London

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by prince »

Ghlpc wrote:Surely 10m is better than nothing at all, especially if the current Sainsburys trucks park on disabled bays and yellow lines as it stands?
Hi, the fact is that Sainsbury's and Nandos both need a 12m loading bay for effective and safe operations. The Greyhound may very well need similar. Therefore isn't it better to provide what these businesses need to do this, for the sake of 2m? Otherwise businesses may need to park partly on double yellow lines and/or in a car parking bay.

Parking in double yellow lines is unsafe and risks a fine. Parking in bays would cause annoyance to residents.

I am rather with Syd on this one. I am disappointed that the local planning authority appears to be finding any reason to make this not happen rather than positively and proactively working to find a solution.

Likelife
Posts: 147
Joined: 20 Jul 2009 14:21

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by Likelife »

Oh for heaven's sake. This is just beyond ridiculous now.

The Clown
Posts: 384
Joined: 8 Apr 2005 14:04
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by The Clown »

I would suggest a delivery and waste consolidation scheme be considered. I’m amazed councils aren’t actively promoting and driving such schemes forward; insisting on them for large businesses and incentivising / encouraging SME’s and small businesses.

prince
Posts: 227
Joined: 23 Mar 2016 17:57
Location: London

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by prince »

Likelife wrote:Oh for heaven's sake. This is just beyond ridiculous now.
I tend to agree. I also know that some people's public support for this change of use is rather disingenuous.

SydenhamOwl
Posts: 98
Joined: 20 Jan 2017 15:26
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by SydenhamOwl »

This development won't happen. Nando's will soon realise they could have built at least two stores elsewhere by now.

Post Reply