Vandalism

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Willy

Vandalism

Post by Willy »

I live in Maitland Road and on Saturday night my car was vandalised. The rear number plate was sprayed with silver paint as was the BMW badge for some bizarre reason. My Flatmate had "Loser" sprayed on his drivers side door and the neighbour had a weird shape sprayed on her door that may or not be a "knob".

Walking to the pub we noticed a car and a van had also been done on Girton Road. Reported it to the police but there ins't much they can do..
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

The neighbour didn't blame you for signing your username on the door, did she?
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

lambchops wrote:The neighbour didn't blame you for signing your username on the door, did she?
Sorry; but had to laugh!
dickp

Post by dickp »

There were four patches of glass on the road along lawrie park gardens this morning, over quite a large area.
chrisf

Re: Vandalism

Post by chrisf »

Willy wrote:I live in Maitland Road and on Saturday night my car was vandalised..... Reported it to the police but there ins't much they can do..
The fact of the matter is there isn't much the police can be bothered to do.
If it doesn't involve driving along at high speeds through the High Street, they're not interested.
They won't bother looking at CCTV footage of the area during the time(s) of the incident(s) as they'd have to get out of the car to do that.
If your car gets broken into or stolen, you can simply phone for a crime reference number. There is no need for the police to call around, they say!

Some would say Crime is going down....Hmmm! less people bother to report crimes thesedays as the police can't be bothered to catch the bad guys....(I won't mention the colour of their skin - It would be racist!)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The issues raised in the last post have been exercised in another, now closed, thread in Town Cafe.

Can we please leave it there please.

Admin