sydenham needs an uplifting

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

Re: sydenham needs an uplifting

Post by leenewham »

It's not just you Rod, it's come up before in various conversations I've had.

I'm not bashing you. I'm disagreeing.

Chill out and enjoy the sunshine!
Pally

Post by Pally »

I think there are people in Sydenham who DO want to see it change ...but any fledgling ideas die under the "status quo" syndrome as mentioned previously!
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

Lovely day yesterday in Beckenham. Popped into bike shop for a peek and talk about servicing our bikes, went to Cinema, then WH Smith's to pick up school bits for Son. Then cinema and finally M&S for food and treats

Today East Dulwich. Barbers for son then that lovely pizza place La Manca. Then ice cream from the Gelatia finally tasting and buying lots of cheese at the wonderful refrigerated cheese shop (bonus in the heat). all the while popping in and out of interesting shops.
Lots of money spent on other highstreets.

Frankly every weekend is spent elsewhere.
Didn't miss Sydenham one bit as it can't compete.

Oh...might pop to the Alexandra tonight for a nice craft ale.
maestro

Post by maestro »

In view of all the betting shops, fried chicken/kebab shops and 'pound' shops that dominate Sydenham Road, I can't see why someone hasn't had the foresight to open a decent "Rub n' Tug" shop. Hopefully one may open soon, adorned with some suitably tasteful signage.
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

:shock: "Rub & Tug" .... last time I saw one of those was in Bangkok!
maestro

Post by maestro »

But was it any good? I was rather put off when on just about to enter such an establishment in Bangkok a bloke bolted out of the door screaming "It's a boy, it's a boy!!"
Last edited by maestro on 9 Jul 2017 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Gents , are we drifting into Pub ( suspect worse ) territory ? This is an open community forum after all .
Nigel
maestro

Post by maestro »

Nigel. You could at least have made your own recommendations as to where one gets such pleasures in this vicinity (shame on you that you couldn't be bothered), I suspect, however, Eagle will be along soon with some diamond encrusted guidance, he was, after all, missing for some considerable time (internet problems/been in hospital blah blah) :lol: :lol:
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

It may well encourage people to come here.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Maestro, Rod and Lee - have you been watching too much Frank Skinner or something ? Firstly the sexual exploitation and possible stereotyping of oriented women is absolutely not a suitable topic for Town Hall , particularly as a subject of light hearted banter. Secondly , prostitution tends to centre around areas that already have high densities or people , and high numbers of women and girls that are desperate enough to consider a dangerous and unhealthy employment sector- and not the other way round .
Lee , I shall view your thoughts on high street rejuvenation on a very different light from now . I'm assuming Admin has gone to sleep but just in case I will post something setting out how a two-state solution is untenable and undesirable anyway - to see if the old Lock Topic button is still working on this forum .

A very good afternoon
Nigel
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Rod
I think drug dealing , hired killers and gambling are also big draws - not sure what kind of high street you are hoping for but it's probably not the one most of us want .
Being serious for precisely 10 seconds , I support more regulated and safe environments for those working in the secx trade , like I support methadone was less harm than heroine .
I know you've said some outlandish , peace-mongering nonsense in the past about how we shouldn't sell ballistic weapons to Bezerkistan etc but tell me you're joking .
Next you'll be proposing shuzzing up the chimney sweeping business by bringing back little boys with sooty faces and wheezing coughs .

A very good evening
Nigel