Proposed reduced train services in 2018

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Beninahurry

Proposed reduced train services in 2018

Post by Beninahurry »

Afternoon
Train alert! Govia Thameslink Railway have published their proposals for Southern Train services from 2018. This Thursday is the deadline to object. They are VERY bad, for two reasons:

I. Three late evening trains from London Bridge will be taken out of the timetable - making it effectively a half hourly service after 22.30.

2. There will be no trains at all between Norwood Junction and East Croydon, in either direction, during the morning peak. This means that passengers from our local stations will have to travel to West Croydon - hopeless if you're travelling on to Gatwick or Brighton. The first through train from East Croydon northwards will not be until 09.27.

The consultation is open until Thursday 27 July.

Please review and lodge your objections if you are going to be impacted. Thank you!

https://www.transformingrail.com
GFA

Re: Proposed reduced train services in 2018

Post by GFA »

Thank you for posting this. I have lodged a strongly worded objection!
alywin

Post by alywin »

Link to the proposed timetables, FYI:

https://www.transformingrail.com/copy-o ... timetables
alywin

Post by alywin »

Beninahurry wrote: I. Three late evening trains from London Bridge will be taken out of the timetable - making it effectively a half hourly service after 22.30.
Not only that, but there are no other services to New Cross Gate, so you can't even change onto the Overground there. What's happened to the LB/Vic loop in the evenings?
prince

Post by prince »

Thanks for posting Ben. Can I ask whether the Sydenham Society has responded to the consultation and if so can this be made available online?

I personally have responded to the consultation and I have also written to Ellie Reeves MP.
JayB

Post by JayB »

It is ironic that the last LB to Sydenham trains are now stopping earlier at night- just as TFL launch the overground all night to NXG- from where of course we could have picked up the onward journey to Sydenham via the last LB train to Sydenham on Fridays and Saturdays at around 1 am :evil: ..
I am responding too, thanks for the heads up Beninahurry.
Last edited by JayB on 27 Jul 2017 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
SteveG85

Post by SteveG85 »

Thanks for the post Ben, I have lodged an objection
Beninahurry

Post by Beninahurry »

Morning!
For those on twitter and Facebook, please share the Sydenham Society posts regarding these changes. As well as completing the survey and email them please! Deadline is today...

There are also major proposed changes from Penge East station which Sydenham Society will share and advise shortly... That deadline is slightly later.

Thanks a have a great day!
Ben