Little Nans Bar Seek Space

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
RJM

Re: Little Nans Bar Seek Space

Post by RJM »

I know, but if they wanted somewhere that wasn't a pop up... And I'd like exciting cocktails a shorter walk from my house!
Larky

Post by Larky »

Sorry, missed this. The shop on the corner of Sydenham Road/Newlands Park would be perfect. Think it was the betting shop
Pally

Post by Pally »

Larky wrote:Sorry, missed this. The shop on the corner of Sydenham Road/Newlands Park would be perfect. Think it was the betting shop
Thanks ...told them about that one. Just noticed old Uniplan space ...will mention that to them. To be viable I think it probably needs to be above Mayow Rd ....but that's just me ...what do others think?
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

I gather nans is dedicated to his nans stylings and nicknacks including maybe slight oddities so with that in mind:
The recently emptied ladbrokes (if she used to like a bet could be kitted out with a few fruit machines etc)

The Sydenham side standalone unit at Penge East rail station (something to do with her love of trains or drinking cocktails before getting on a train journey etc ... to be honest I'm not sure how much they may make up about "nan" to fit into a quirky concept or whether everything they do does truly represent her to some respect)

"Connaughts leisure" again Maybe themed around her love for fruities, board games or retro arcade games etc

Those I would think would fit the bill best along with the former namaste and acorn/uniplan as best locations. Further down near the albert could also be a look but if I were a business person/in their boat I would prob try and keep it closer to main bit of high street/stations etc.
Likelife

Post by Likelife »

The Ladbrooks Newslands Corner site is what I immediately thought of too.
Timbo79

Post by Timbo79 »

What about the former Grannie's Goodies on Kirkdale? Would fit nicely in concept with the lovely Mabel's 5 and dime and Behind the boxes as well as possibly complementing the excellent 161. Or is it too small?

Or there's the old offy on the corner near Sugahill? With the Greyhound returning and maybe Nandos it might make that area a bit more of a draw for entertainment type venues?

One other thought... what about the old regency snooker club? Presumably wouldn't require a change of use. I saw loads of old snooker gear in a skip behind there a couple of months ago so maybe too late. Does anyone know what's to become of it? Is it a part of the Nandos propos, or the phantom cinema?
stuart

Post by stuart »

Timbo79 wrote:Does anyone know what's to become of it? Is it ... the phantom cinema?
The new Sydenham Opera House?

Stuart :)
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

Anybody know why Grannies Goodies closed down? I now it was an odd shop run by an eccentric owner but it had been there a while.