Big crash outside station - Sydenham road closed

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
robbieduncan

Re: Big crash outside station - Sydenham road closed

Post by robbieduncan »

Londonboy17 wrote:Hi,

Regarding the accident yesterday i was involved in it and was taken to hospital but i am back home now and making a full recovery absolutely devastated about the car but am thankful to be alive and that no-one else was seriously injured or killed by the stupidity of someone else driving.
First of all glad to hear you are ok? As I’m a curious sort could you tell us all what happened? Or is there an ongoing Police investigation?
prince

Post by prince »

Londonboy17 wrote:Hi,

Regarding the accident yesterday i was involved in it and was taken to hospital but i am back home now and making a full recovery absolutely devastated about the car but am thankful to be alive and that no-one else was seriously injured or killed by the stupidity of someone else driving.

So good to hear that you are ok londonboy17, for the accident looked extremely bad and I did fear for those involved. Do you know if everyone else was ok?
Londonboy17

Post by Londonboy17 »

Thanks for the comments it is currently in the hands of the police and insurance company but like i said the stupidity of the other driver who decided to overtake someone on a high street near a set of traffic lights and hump bridge has caused thousands of pounds worth of damage and injuries to innocent people.
Pally

Post by Pally »

stuart wrote:
Yes, I cycle up and down there despite the lunacy of so many motorists. There are those that speed past you to break sharply to avoid the car in front leaving you nowhere to go. Those that can't complete the overtake and just pull in regardless - hello pavement!
On second thoughts I must be the lunatic putting my life on the line here. When will those responsible take responsibility?

Stuart
As a cyclist I have also experienced that particular scenario on Sydenham High St a worrying number of times. And ...at New lands Park Junction I had the "joy" of being in the left hand lane, signalling that I am turning left into Newlands Park ...lights go green and for some reason (!!!!) I do not expect the idiot in the right hand lane - for going straight ahead - to turn left into Newlands Park aiming to get in front of me, and not signalling!!!!!! I was the one who ended up on the pavement that time as there was nowhere else for me to go when I was squeezed by this **** who sped off yelling!!!! Unbelievable!!
JayB

Post by JayB »

There is no excuse for such aggresive and dangerous driving ever. However, it is true to say the sign that it is a left turn lane is usually obscured by cars stood at the traffic lights. This obsession with on -road markings is not used in many countries precisely because of this reason.
As i say that is no excuse for such behaviour as descrived in this thread.I got cut up from someoene in a Chelsea tractor in the inside lane at Southend Lane junction on Friday who proceeded ot jump red lights and disappear up Sydenham Road way over 30mph

There were two other crashes at Be lGreen on Friday, bo hon the mini roundabout into the retail park by the gas holders . No one hurt though the cars were a bit of a mess and one driver waited a couple of hours with her car on the pavement at Sports Direct to be towed away. That's Black Friday for you (please send it back to USA!) , not a parking space to be had and a curious number of drivers coming out of the woodwork who appear never to have been through a driving test........
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

If you drive with enough gap between the vehicle in front of you and yourself (2 second rule?) - there is plenty of space to see road markings, and avoid a collision if the person in front stops suddenly.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

While waiting to allow a bus to get through a space where only one vehicle could get through this morning, a car overtook me and held the bus up, so no traffic could get through.

Utterly stupid.

But acts of utter stupidity on these roads happen almost every day.