Santander's Sydenham branch is closing

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Likelife

Santander's Sydenham branch is closing

Post by Likelife »

Hi all, a family member just got a letter informing the Santander will be closing on 28th June 2018. According to the letter, Beckenham and Catford will be the closest, making it sound like Forest Hill is going as well. They won't be missed by me (I closed my account with them after several problems with them) but they are obviously a very busy branch and Beckenham seems a long way to go. Furthermore, it means it's yet another unit on the high street that needs to be filled.
syd-gal

Re: Santander's Sydenham branch is closing

Post by syd-gal »

Yes, Forest Hill branch is also closing. I saw a notice in their window last week.
alywin

Post by alywin »

The Penge branch closed some time ago, too :( And the Beckenham branch wasn't exactly busy when I popped in there the other day ...
Likelife

Post by Likelife »

Seems a bit mad to close three in three neighbouring areas.
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

Too many young professionals who don't use bank branches any more. I suspect you'll find Catford will go 12 months after Sydenham. The ones that will cling on for a little longer will be in places like West Wickham, Beckenham, Addiscombe, etc where there are more comfortable pensioners and you can still find travel agents too.