Points failure at New Cross Gate

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydenhamgardener2

Points failure at New Cross Gate

Post by sydenhamgardener2 »

All trains are cancelled today. This is a Network Rail issue - a points failure at New Cross this time.
This has been about five days in a row that my commute has been significantly disrupted. Each time a different excuse. I had to take a cab home on Monday night at significant expense.
How much longer will Network Rail be allowed to continue its reign of serial incompetence? The chief engineer should be sacked without compensation.
I am writing to Ellie Reeves. If enough of us do the same it might force her to ask a question in parliament and perhaps embarrass Network Rail into providing a half way decent standard of service.
stuart

Re: Points failure at New Cross Gate

Post by stuart »

sydenhamgardener2 wrote:All trains are cancelled today.
Incorrect. There are southbound services.

The National Rail advice is for London Bridge to catch a southbound service and change at Norwood Junction. The Sydenham trains are running fast from Penge West because of the points failure taking out the slow line at NCG.

The great asset of Sydenham is there us always an alternative with two other lines and buses. We may need them more in the future while this government starves the railway in favour of other means of transport.

I blame the voters who put them there ...

Stuart
stuart

Re: Points failure at New Cross Gate

Post by stuart »

Looks like the northbound slow to LBG and H&I is now working OK.

Stuart