Dartmouth Rd closure

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Pat Trembath

Dartmouth Rd closure

Post by Pat Trembath »

TfL 'There will be changes in our bus services from Monday 29 January until mid-March . This is due to the closure of Dartmouth Road while London Borough of Lewisham carries out renewal works.

Bus route 122 will be diverted in both directions via London Road, Sydenham Rise, Sydenham Hill and Kirkdale, not serving Dartmouth Road.

Bus routes 176 and 197 will be diverted in both directions via Sydenham Hill and Kirkdale, not serving London Road (east of Sydenham Hill), Forest Hill station or Dartmouth Road. Customers for National Rail or London Overground can change at Sydenham station instead of Forest Hill station. Customers going to the town centre can change at Lordship Lane to / from route 185 or in Kirkdale to / from route 356.

We are posting notices at the bus stops in Dartmouth Road, directing customers to alternative stops.'
alywin

Re: Dartmouth Rd closure

Post by alywin »

Oh great. Thanks for the warning. And any feedback on the effects would be much appreciated. Guess I may not be going to the Picturehouse for a while ...
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

The 176 bus will still go to the Picturehouse - it just won't be going via Forest Hill.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

My concern is the diversion via Sydenham Hill. We already have increased traffic there with people trying to avoid the roadworks at Crystal Palace (Double dutch roundabouts), though according to roadworks.org (great site by the way) they should be reducing works soon.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Out of interest, now this has all been done and presumably settled down, how is the new layout working (or not)?
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Layout is no better at the Forest Hill end of Dartmouth Rd. Still get jams when buses are trying to negotiate the narrow road, especially when cars and vans are parked.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I regularly travel along Dartmouth Road on foot, by bus and by car, and I think in all three modes it's a lot more pleasant, and, in the cases of bus and car, a lot quicker than it was.