Sydenham Spring Clean- Saturday (Weather permitting!)

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Newtosydenham

Sydenham Spring Clean- Saturday (Weather permitting!)

Post by Newtosydenham »

Hi All,

For those planning on joining on the spring clean on Saturday- please note it will be CANCELLED if we continue to have ‘adverse weather conditions.’
Keep Britain Tidy are rather concerned about people’s health and safety and we won’t actually be able to see any litter in the snow! Please look out for updates on here on Friday night/ Saturday morning, currently it’s looking like the snow is due to continue.

If this Beast From the East moves on and the weather is fine, the plan is to meet outside the Golden Lion Pub at 11am.

From there, depending on how many people, we can either split into two groups or head out together.

Children and dogs welcome!

If everyone could bring their own Bin Bags/ gloves/ Litter collecting devices that would be appreciated (I will bring a good handful). Keep Britain Tidy are sending me some bags but they haven’t arrived yet.

http://www.keepbritaintidy.org/friends- ... ring-clean

See you all there (if it’s sunny!)
JMLF

Re: Sydenham Spring Clean- Saturday (Weather permitting!)

Post by JMLF »

If it’s on how long is it roughly expected to last?! Need to get my Italian fill from BOBs lol.
I’ll check here earliesh Sat morn so if you could post then if it’s definitely on or not be great :)
If not, maybe you could try and do some sort of surveymonkey with those who were going to take part and we can just do a sat/sun most people are free for in the next few weeks if The Great British Clean-Up doesn’t figure a date quick..
Newtosydenham

Post by Newtosydenham »

Haha It can last however long you want! (again- probably weather dependant). It’s more about people showing up and doing their bit- don’t worry I won’t make you march until the early hours :lol: I too fancy a trip to BOB!

I’ll update either Friday evening or early Saturday, but I think it’s safe to say if there is snow on the ground then it will be off. It’s pretty treacherous at the moment.

If it’s called if we shall definitely rearrange for when it’s is more “Spring” like!
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Assume it’s off secondary to me almost killing myself slipping all over the shop this morning and snow just started again in Croydon where I am?..
Newtosydenham

Post by Newtosydenham »

Hi,

I think all will agree that it’s best we postpone. We don’t want any injuries! We shall find another date when things get back to normal.

I hope you are ok after your fall JMLF! I’ve had a few near misses myself!

Enjoy the snow everyone and have a good weekend
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Just slipping and sliding with near falls, luckily no actual falls!