Trains post May 20

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamOwl

Trains post May 20

Post by SydenhamOwl »

I confess I haven't looked very carefully at the timetables online as I'm not sure what the names of the routes that currently go through Sydenham are but does anyone know how drastically the trians are set to change from May 20?

https://www.railplan2020.com/timetables

I assume London Overground is unaffected.

Apologies if this has been posted already.
JRW

Re: Trains post May 20

Post by JRW »

There is a PDF for Sydenham Metro which seems to be the new name for our route..... Finally, Sydenham's true importance is appreciated!

A speed read of the Southern Metro route information sheet looks good. Faster trains 10 carriages long. It isn't the usual tinkering at the edges, it is a wholesale attempt to rethink route organisation. It is very ambitious, and fingers crossed it works..
alywin

Post by alywin »

I believe the London-bound trains off Penge East are going 2 minutes earlier, and the ones in the opposite direction 5 mins later, FWIW :) Plus there's supposed to be a 2-minute interchange onto the Thameslink route at Herne Hill. I haven't dared look at the Sydenham services yet, particularly since London Overground no longer produces a printed timetable, but I do remember during the consultation that there didn't appear to be any interchange for East Croydon during the morning peak - I hope they've put that right.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

alywin wrote:I believe the London-bound trains off Penge East are going 2 minutes earlier, and the ones in the opposite direction 5 mins later, FWIW :) Plus there's supposed to be a 2-minute interchange onto the Thameslink route at Herne Hill. I haven't dared look at the Sydenham services yet, particularly since London Overground no longer produces a printed timetable, but I do remember during the consultation that there didn't appear to be any interchange for East Croydon during the morning peak - I hope they've put that right.
The new London Overground timetable is here:-
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/highbury-and- ... y-2018.pdf
alywin

Post by alywin »

Thanks. Don't suppose it's any more printable than the previous one was, though - it's a real pain that they've given up producing hard copies, because it's so bulky printing them off. Oh well, at least I can junk the by-now seriously mangled old hard copy I had.
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

SydenhamOwl wrote:I confess I haven't looked very carefully at the timetables online as I'm not sure what the names of the routes that currently go through Sydenham are but does anyone know how drastically the trians are set to change from May 20?

https://www.railplan2020.com/timetables

I assume London Overground is unaffected.

Apologies if this has been posted already.
The Southern Services changing through Sydenham will obviously impact London Overground. The services have changed by a few minutes to accommodate the new timetable.