Fairlawn Park: road and pavement remodelling

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JRW

Fairlawn Park: road and pavement remodelling

Post by JRW »

Hi all,

Residents of Fairlawn Park all got leafleted yesterday, and told that Conway was going to remodel our road and pavements starting on the 1st August.

I got straight onto the Contract Manager, Andy Frostick, at FM Conway. He is absolutely lovely, and was shocked that the council hadn't consulted us on this, and was pretty annoyed on our behalf. He says he will post the plans personally on the fence, although it isn't even his job; I warned him to expect a deluge of phone calls, and he may have wilted under the strain of responding. Please don't hassle him, as it is clearly not his fault at all!

Given the promise of prior notice we had at the OLSPN public meeting, I then contacted the Head of Planning, who promised to pass it on to the correct Highways officer. Plans should be forthcoming shortly, and they absolutely will be consulting us, if they don't want a riot on their hands! I will post on the Sydenham forum, and will update it as soon as I hear from them.

If you want to object in the meanwhile, please contact Lewisham Highways, as they seem to be ones in charge of this fiasco.

Cheers,

Julia
Larky

Re: Fairlawn Park: road and pavement remodelling

Post by Larky »

Gosh, she is off on one again
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

Hi,
I spoke to the guy who was handing out leaflets. They are making the road safer. What’s not to like?
stuart

Post by stuart »

To be fair to Planning (well someone has to) they have suffered 30-40% cuts in funding since 2010. I presume their workload may only have increased. Hence they are struggling to even fulfil their legal obligations. Anything else is a bonus.

I agree improvement is good. Being unclear about improvements, however, is dispiriting and confusing turning some gain into loss. Thank you JRW for the news. Larky - I hope you are jumping the gun on this one.

Stuart
Pally

Post by Pally »

It is helpful to have this information now. Certainly the information should have been shared and consulted on. Hopefully residents can now respond as they see fit and hopefully the plans will improve safety etc