Accident in Kent House Rd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd-gal

Accident in Kent House Rd

Post by syd-gal »

Anyone know what happened in the accident in Kent House Rd at lunchtime? A smashed up car was right across the road and seemed to have hit a parked car, right by the bus stop near the roundabout with Kent House Lane. The buses going towards Penge could only just get past.
syenhamboy

Re: Accident in Kent House Rd

Post by syenhamboy »

syd-gal wrote:Anyone know what happened in the accident in Kent House Rd at lunchtime? A smashed up car was right across the road and seemed to have hit a parked car, right by the bus stop near the roundabout with Kent House Lane. The buses going towards Penge could only just get past.
I think a car on Kent House Road got smashed up hitting a parked car near the bus stop and ended up right across the road which subsequently meant buses going to towards Penge could only just get past.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

I walked by just after this had happened, on my way to see the bees.
Met a lovely couple who were trying to help slow down traffic, so that it could safely negotiate around the car; this couldn’t be easily moved, as the wheel that took the impact was completely buckled under.
Someone was busy calling to try to get assistance with clearing the roadway.
The good news is, that nobody appears to have been hurt.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

I saw it after I left the bees! But when I went past again about 4pm and saw the cars had been moved, I also saw a football and one trainer in the road so wonder if they were connected to the accident.