Travellers in Girton Road car park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydres

Travellers in Girton Road car park

Post by sydres »

It appears travellers have returned to the Girton Road car park.

Councillors / Council - can their removal be dealt with PROMPTLY this time to avoid the mess, attempted burglaries and general nuisance caused last time.
stuart

Re: Travellers in Girton Road car park

Post by stuart »

No sign of them today.

Stuart
sophie

Post by sophie »

There is a small group parked up in the Bell Green retail park car park in front of the former Toys R Us store. I think 2 caravans and 2 or 3 camper van/mobile home vehicles. Apparently they arrived last night.
John H

Post by John H »

There is an Irish Tinkers' community now parked up on the public road i.e. Kangley Bridge Road. I wonder what Penfold's make of it since they usually park a gridlock of HGVs there.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Penfold's? Who they?
John H

Post by John H »

alywin wrote:Penfold's? Who they?
I suggest you take a wander down Kangley Bridge Road and find out. You could, alternatively, look them up on the web.
RJM

Post by RJM »

If you google "Penfolds Kangley Bridge Road" the top hit is this thread, and there's no result which explains who they might be. I don't know about alywin, but I don't have time to wander down there in the next couple of days, so could someone illuminate us please?
Sideofham

Post by Sideofham »

If it's of any help I Googled Penfold and got this result: https://goo.gl/images/3TibvU
Hope it helps.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Sideofham wrote:If it's of any help I Googled Penfold and got this result: https://goo.gl/images/3TibvU
Hope it helps.
Best. Penfold. EVER.

I concur, a google search does not reveal anything so the earlier comment was rather misplaced :)

I did find a Penfolds housing development but it said Sydenham, Leamington Spa :)
John H

Post by John H »

Penlaw… a slip of the wrist
John H

Post by John H »

They have gone now. I suspect the police car that was sniffing around was the precursor to removal steps. They were, after all, on the public highway... Around three or four tons of rubbish left behind.
Cllr Curran

Post by Cllr Curran »

You may be aware that travellers have pitched up and occupied Girton Road Car Park since Sunday. I have spoken to officers and they tell me they are trying to get the police to issue a "section 61" notice asap for clearance. Meanwhile, Lewisham's Legal Department are in the process of obtaining a possession order. I am hoping that this will be issued asap, possibly tomorrow.

Councillor Liam Curran
Sydenham Ward Councillor
pip

Post by pip »

Thanks for keeping us informed.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Apparently they are back in Sainsburys car park at Bell Green today.
JRW

Post by JRW »

I didn't see them there this afternoon, so I presume they are delighting another community.....

They may have been disappointed to find that Kier has barricaded the entrance to the Livesey with two security guards' cars. They are posted there around the clock, to stop the travellers returning. In addition, SGN has also fortified the gasholder site with concrete barriers, preventing vehicles from driving in.