LEWISHAM COUNCIL PLANNING ENFORCEMENT DESPAIR

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Lord Summerisle

Re: LEWISHAM COUNCIL PLANNING ENFORCEMENT DESPAIR

Post by Lord Summerisle »

Hi, JRW, despite sending several copies of the same PM the message service on these boards doesn't seem to work of rme. If you PM me your email I'll send the long diatribe I've composed.

Thanks.
alywin

Post by alywin »

I've been wondering how things were going with you.
Lord Summerisle

Post by Lord Summerisle »

Hello and thanks, our nightmare pretty much continues but the story is long and quite possibly boring!! I shall however try and condense it and come back with an update shortly.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

A slight aside, but I had dealings with Stroma about 8 years ago (it was related to commercial energy management), so I’m guessing the Greendoor lot have perhaps sold the business to Stroma and perhaps Stroma didn’t do their due diligence, ahead of that acquisition.
As tenant you are stuck, whilst they work our in their own time what a turkey they have acquired, and what they are going to do about it. In the meantime to them the property is probably just seen as an “asset” on their balance sheet.

BUT - I tweeted them and they have asked me to direct message them about your issues. Can you PM me your details so that I can put you in touch?
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Update

My error - Stroma haven’t acquired the freehold but it looks like they may have acquired the building control responsibility (a merger / acquisition or similar)I’m not entirely sure but they found no. 7 on their books and are going to email me or call me back.

Spoke to a chap called John who was very helpful.
I have his number for when you pick up these posts
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Further update. Stroma withdrew their application in Dec 2018 as they agreed that building control had been breached.
This reverted back to Lewisham Council.
Stroma also reported it to HSE.
So indeed the problem now sits with Lewisham Council.

I have now tweeted Lewisham Council and Ellie Reeves...
JRW

Post by JRW »

Hi Lord Summerisle,
How are you getting on with your enforcement nightmare?
J