Ticket Office Closures - Have your say

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Saw this and thought to share.
Includes some local stations, so have your say by 11th October, if you wish to do so.

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/new ... =news/list
stuart

Re: Ticket Office Closures - Have your say

Post by stuart »

I always assumed our ticket office was run by LO so this is a surprise. I assume it (and Forest Hill) are reasonable important stations on the Southern Network and hence not in the proposals - unlike, say Surrey Quays. Though this may just be a stay of excution if this round of closures goes ahead.

Ticket Offices are AFAIK the only place you can buy 'extension' tickets unless the ticket machines have been recently updated. I don't think you can buy them online either.

Stuart
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Believe Penge West and Honor Oak Park included in current proposals.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

stuart wrote:I always assumed our ticket office was run by LO...
London Overground is run by Arriva Rail London, under a concession agreement with Transport for London - see http://www.arrivaraillondon.co.uk/

So whilst the staff wear London Overground uniforms, it's Arriva Rail behind the scenes.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Thanks Biscuitman for the info. One would have thought the station operation would be governed by a contract between TfL and the operator. Is TfL complicit in this proposal and it is an extension of their closure of Underground ticket offices?

Finally where does this leave us in buying rail tickets and cards unavailable online or from machines?

Stuart