Park Court Rubbish - Knighton Park Rd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Sydenham Syd

Park Court Rubbish - Knighton Park Rd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

I was almost certain that I have seen references to this issue before on the Forum, but couldn't find anything through search, so feel free to point me in the right direction @admin

The rubbish build up outside this new block of flats is ridiculous - I seem to remember hearing that the landlord had some arrangement to get rubbish cleared rather than using the council system?

The bins sit outside down the pavement all the time and the reason seems to be that they cannot be returned to their 'pen' because that is full of rubbish itself. It's pretty unsightly.

If someone knows who the person is responsible for this, would they let me know please? I can't seem to find a registered owner online or anywhere obvious.

Thanks
John H

Re: Park Court Rubbish - Knighton Park Rd

Post by John H »

There is a public health issue at stake and so the Environmental Health Department is who you should refer to. We are!

Write direct to the puppet mayor. I doubt you will receive a response but he is supposed to be responsible. Domestic waste is a local authority matter and they are obliged BY LAW to remove it. All of it!

The owner of the building is the chap who used to own the garage on the corner. He had leased it to Housing Associations but it reverted to his ownership. I understand he is the uncle of the very pleasant chap who owns Knighton Motors.

However... the land registry can provide details of who owns the title but it may cost you a small fee... I think it is around £35.
KPR

Post by KPR »

Pretty sure this has been covered here before - this has been an issue for as long as I have lived in the street. The owner had promised that following the refurbishment there would be more bins and so fewer problems with rubbish all over the place. Turns out not to be the case - realistically a building with communal bins is always going to have issues because residents have no incentive to care. The bin area is typically full of cardboard boxes for fridges, etc, which should really have been disposed of via the Council’s special collection since they won’t fit in the bin. With the new development across the street coming to a conclusion I’m not convinced things won’t get worse (one of the main objections to the proposals was lack of sufficient bin provision, together with lack of parking). I think councils should do what they do with commercial premises - if stuff is all over the street they look at it and try to find out whose it is, through addresses on envelopes, etc. They then get a knock on the door and a fine for littering, which is what this is.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

John H wrote: 31 Jan 2019 09:48 There is a public health issue at stake and so the Environmental Health Department is who you should refer to. We are!

Write direct to the puppet mayor. I doubt you will receive a response but he is supposed to be responsible. Domestic waste is a local authority matter and they are obliged BY LAW to remove it. All of it!

The owner of the building is the chap who used to own the garage on the corner. He had leased it to Housing Associations but it reverted to his ownership. I understand he is the uncle of the very pleasant chap who owns Knighton Motors.

However... the land registry can provide details of who owns the title but it may cost you a small fee... I think it is around £35.
Seems to have been cleared today. Remarkable. Btw, what garage on the corner?
John H

Post by John H »

The petrol station that used to occupy the site now occupied by Hexagon. There were two petrol stations... One each side of the road. The other site is now used to house the car cleaning employment centre.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

I've reported this again - I don't know if it is fly tipping or just tenants that seem to have an un-ending amount of rubbish, but it's relentless.
I also got hold of the management company and suggested they sort out the arrangements or educate the tenants on the rubbish vibe, as the rest of the street seem to manage fine!
If anyone is interested, ping a note to this address: lqdirect@lqgroup.org.uk
London Quadrant is the agent

Pretty disgusting and no doubt the foxes and rats will be dining in there tonight.