SCAMS

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham

Moderator: frenzarin

Cathy

Re: SCAMS

Post by Cathy »

I've received numerous calls from an officer ??? (can never catch the name) saying that I owe HMRC money and that if I don't contact them by pressing/contacting them a warrant will be issued for my arrest. Needless to say I am still waiting...I never click on anything...if in doubt find an official telephone number and ring them.

Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Cathy wrote:
18 Jun 2020 20:18
I've received numerous calls from an officer ??? (can never catch the name) saying that I owe HMRC money and that if I don't contact them by pressing/contacting them a warrant will be issued for my arrest. Needless to say I am still waiting...I never click on anything...if in doubt find an official telephone number and ring them.
Yeah, I got this one today. HMRC have a fraud investigation open on me apparently. I hung up, poured a glass of wine and moved on with my day.

mosy

Post by mosy »

A new scam targets people who've ordered a Covid 19 test, asking for bank details to pay for the test, which is free of course. (News this morning.) Sigh.

JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (yup - that's Bellingham Ward and includes Bell Green which is NOT in Sydenham)

Post by JGD »

Good alert.

Thank you.