Lots of planes

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd-gal

Lots of planes

Post by syd-gal »

Having had almost empty skies the last few weeks, today lots of planes came over, both cargo and passenger. Coming over lower sydenham from Beckenham direction. It was quite noisy compared to last few weeks.
mosy

Re: Lots of planes

Post by mosy »

What's it like now? I'm still noticing the absence of criss cross con trails and the increase of more birds flying around since traffic reduced, although that seems to be on the rise again.
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

Yes, I also think that there seems to be more planes in the air. Yet, when I look at any of the flight tracker web sites, that doesn't seem to be the case. Odd.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

After my initial post over a weekend, the number of planes really dropped again. But in the last couple of days there are more planes again. I've been in hornimans park last 2 days and quite a few planes going over, though still nowhere near normal level.
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

This morning, I've heard four planes overhead in the last hour.
zara

Post by zara »

Just looked at flights and departures at Heathrow and it’s surprising how many planes from all over the world flying here.
Sideofham

Post by Sideofham »

Not sure whether it counts towards the airborne traffic count but I've seen 3 helicopters in the last 2 days...