Social distancing on the High Road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Sideofham

Re: Social distancing on the High Road

Post by Sideofham »

syd wrote: 24 May 2020 13:09 Hi all, the lockdown worked so well some people think the pandemic is over. The traffic and people outside my home on Friday and yesterday was quite shocking and not one mask.

It’s not the flu it’s more like airborne HIV and there is no guarantee of immunity as there are 3 distinct mutations.
There will be a 2nd wave like all recorded pandemics and it feels like complacency will help it spread in the next few weeks, I hope I’m wrong and overacting but if I’ve been right since January.
I hope a government official will be contacting you ASAP to join SAGE, if not contact either them or even the WHO as your record of being right since January beats the pair of em.
syd

Re: Social distancing on the High Road

Post by syd »

Sideofham wrote: 24 May 2020 23:05
syd wrote: 24 May 2020 13:09 Hi all, the lockdown worked so well some people think the pandemic is over. The traffic and people outside my home on Friday and yesterday was quite shocking and not one mask.

It’s not the flu it’s more like airborne HIV and there is no guarantee of immunity as there are 3 distinct mutations.
There will be a 2nd wave like all recorded pandemics and it feels like complacency will help it spread in the next few weeks, I hope I’m wrong and overacting but if I’ve been right since January.
I hope a government official will be contacting you ASAP to join SAGE, if not contact either them or even the WHO as your record of being right since January beats the pair of em.
Someone’s been on the sauce :D.

And A hospital in western super mare just closed it’s a&e 2 weeks after the bank holiday due to covid cases.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 31116.html

It’s happening